1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s4 2.7 exhaut

chubbs358 Mar 19, 2008

1. chubbs358

chubbs358 New Member

who in the uk make systems for 2.7 s4's that are loud and who makes quiet one. also sorry if this is a dumb question but what are Piggie's and i dont mean the farm anamal

thanks
    mark

2. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

Milltek make a resonated (quieter) system and a non-resonated (louder) system for around £700, seems the common choice in these cars. However I've just had MIJ performance make me a system, for around £500, they'll make whatever style and noise you want, worth the trip if you can, they really know their stuff.

As for 'piggies' i think it's more of an american phrase for gutted pre-cats, emptying the catalytic converters nearest the turbos, allowing easier breathing and cooler running. Also give you a slight increase in power and more noticeably a little more torque.

Hope this helps ya.

3. I have had my custom MIJ exhaust for a few years. The can make it to your spec and they did 2 100 cell cats for me at the same time, cheaper than a single audi cat for the wole shumonga.

4. GSB1

GSB1 Member

What do you want, loud or quiet?

5. chubbs358

chubbs358 New Member

i think i will be going for a loud system

6. Just cut everything off below the manifold. Will be pretty loud. Don't think plod would be happy though.

7. sun and kath

sun and kath Member

If I remove or gut the pre cats, how will i fair at the MOT emissions test?

8. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

Should be perfectly fine as you'll still have the main cats

9. sun and kath

sun and kath Member

Before I gutremove my pre cats - are there other guys on the forum who've removed them and got throught the MOT on an S4?

10. Siena

Siena Active Member

I've MOT'd S4 with pre-cats removed, and they've never failed on the strength of that...

11. curtis11

curtis11 Member