S3's from across the pond

Chrislake90

Reaction score
Afternoon all!

I was having a browse for some bits on Google earlier and ended up on an American Audi forum.
They were showing dyno graphs of their power after mods and they seem seriously under powered! Do they come with less power over there? I'm talking one guy getting 350bph after an APR stage 2? Seems crazy.

Also, one guy had some arm rest storage tray thingy. From what I could gather its an option on the S-line out there. Does anyone know if we can get them here? Id be interested!

:scared2:Oh, and I now want some lowering springs, bronze wheels (looks great against black), spacers and an exhaust. ****** forums

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Sandra
Afternoon all!

I was having a browse for some bits on Google earlier and ended up on an American Audi forum.
They were showing dyno graphs of their power after mods and they seem seriously under powered! Do they come with less power over there? I'm talking one guy getting 350bph after an APR stage 2? Seems crazy.

Also, one guy had some arm rest storage tray thingy. From what I could gather its an option on the S-line out there. Does anyone know if we can get them here? Id be interested!

They will be detuned for the higher ambient temperatures or different quality of fuel, same as the Golf R in South Africa which is detuned to around 275hp IIRC...

Reactions: Chrislake90
They will be detuned for the higher ambient temperatures or different quality of fuel, same as the Golf R in South Africa which is detuned to around 275hp IIRC...
Ah I see! Thanks for the reply. So although their fuel is cheaper its not as good quality. Happy days at least I don't feel too hard done by when filling up ;)

I think they have to use 92ron fuel to meet their emissions standards over there, quite a difference from 99ron

that's their equivalent of "super"

I think they have to use 92ron fuel to meet their emissions standards over there, quite a difference from 99ron

that's their equivalent of "super"
USA use the AKI rating system, which of course has it's equivalent in RON. I believe (feel free to correct me!) that the AKI number is derived from an average of sorts of the RON and MON ratings of a fuel. It usually sits about 4 points under the RON rating, but that is not a definitive calculation! So 99 RON here, is 94/95 RON in the USA.

Think 90 RON is the minimum that must be available and 95 RON is probably the highest you'll see, bar ethanol based fuels like E85 that are readily available in many places over the pond!

That's exactly it! Thanks so much for that. Hunting down a uk seller now. Thanks again. Much appreciated!

I ordered one from fleBay earlier this week, delivered from USA - only £12.

I don't think you will get one in UK. My daughter bought me one for Christmas. Off e-bay - came from China.