1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3's A Black Hole! But I still Love It!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Dani_B19, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

So only had my s3 for 3 weeks and its already cost me £400 so far and on top of that ive still got just over a £100 on labour costs, and theres also several other things that need doing (back wiper jets broke, knocking at front etc) but i just cant help but love the car, it just puts a smile on my face everytime i look at it or drive. Dont think i could ever go back to vauxhall or any other car company tobe honest.
  2. AudiS3Quattro

AudiS3Quattro Member

I feel exactly the same, I have had mine 4 weeks now and i absolutly love the car every thing about it! £5500 for a 2001 210 facelift with only 85k on, i would have payed that for a corsa at a dealers and get a 1.2 EXCLUSIVE!! WOOO! HAHA and you get so much more for your money! quattro, bose, recaro, performance, quality, reliability the list goes on!
  3. Dani_B19

Exactly, i had acorsa before the s3 and what a difference, its unreal. Mines a 2000 pre-facelift 210 91k, tbh i prefer the pre-facelifts, i like the facelifts but not as much as the pre's. But i do agree you get soooo much more for your money.
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Ah man £400 is small change, you wait until you get the modding addiction, thats when you start to forget about the cost lol, black hole doesnt exist cause you're to busy having fun man, had it for 7 years & not a day I got bored, thats why I thought other day uuurrrmmm I wanted another one considering what they cost now, 2nd car & get to work on the baby, lol
  5. Dani_B19

I'd say get another one, sod the cost. Already have, got along list of stuff todo its just having the cash todo them thats the problem.
  6. V.I.P_UAE

V.I.P_UAE Member

If it makes you feel any better, I bought mine 5 weeks ago and it have cost me 2.5 k on repairs so far, had a cracked head.:sob:. I have had the cambelt done and a major service while it was off the road, and new springs, shockers and brake pads. and all in a car with 58k on the clock.

still I love the thing even coming from a fully modded 300BHP focus ST, the S3 feels much more planted to the road and built quality is fantastic.

I just want the S3 back so I can drive it. Still gonna be another week....
  7. S3-Oski

S3-Oski Member

I love mine, bought mine in november easily spent over 1200 on it so far for full service cambelt etc 4 new tires 4wheel alignment +more, Plus will get new disks and pads in the next few months etc

The thing what annoys me a little is the fact i see cars the same spec as mine for at least a grand cheaper, they have dropped so much in a few months and i was looking for a long time when i bought mine,

Just wondered how low they will drop too, but still if i was looking still now i would not have one now, im glad i bought it though will definately keep it a few years as if i sold it now i know i would be at least a few k out of pocket in 4 months ive owned it:wtf:,since ive had it ive done 4000 miles in it that was mostly in the first few months and thats just weekends evenings lol i could not stop driving it when i bought it, ,puts a a smile on my face cheers Oksi
  8. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Just Revo'd mine which helps lol. Needing to get out of this country though and onto the autobahn.
  9. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Ah the day I did my revo was when I opened my eyes to the car world, lol, lol, feck me did it fly after that
  10. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

oh well it has come to something when we are comparing a S3 to a fing corsa ......
  11. AudiS3Quattro

AudiS3Quattro Member

well evan if you compare an s3 to a civic type r or a focus rs and many other car etc u still get so much more for your money!
  12. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

ahh Minty how you finding the REVO then.. welcome to the dark side!:eyebrows:
  13. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Good yeh. Not hard much chance to test it with the weathers but hopefully soon will get a road trip on the go.
  14. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

welcome ot the fastest way to empty your bank account