1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3RYE's Build Thread

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by S3RYE, Jul 16, 2010.

1. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

its this tuesday mate as far as i know, you up for it?
  2. ~RS~

~RS~ Active Member

Rye loving the seat plan mate, sounds like they'll be great! I've always like the alcantara trim quattro81 is spot on it does wonders holding you in place when having some fun.

Looking forwards to the mods bro :) Might have to pop down to Ace and check some cars out. Mine should be out today with shiny new hybrid fitted :) can't wait to get it mapped!
  3. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

cheers Al! back in love! and yes Amd although not the fastest, they are great at what they do! thats why i always go straight to them!

cant do tuesday! going brands! and its my b day on tuesday!!

cheers bro! yeh paolo mentioned ace is next tuesday but its my b day! will have to be the one next month!!
  4. HenryS7377

HenryS7377 New Member

that is looking mint mate! fair play.. i wanted to get some bbs couldnt afford the hole in my pocket tho! :shrug:
    always gotta make sure your car is slammed tho so much better! :blackrs4:
  5. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

:wub: i love mine in alcantara atm they feel soo tactile lol.. Also grips more when i'm digging my right elbow into it when turning left (no I'm not joking!)
  6. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Ry that pic :laugh:
  7. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

Went to Brands for club msv track day on tuesday! For my B-Day. One of the best things i've ever done! Anyone who hasn't before do it!!

Car was absolutely EPIC! Kept up with everything there, even the caterhams. Pissed off many people as they started "not" letting me through (think they got fed up of pulling over for me) :) All day people were coming over looking round the car then saying to me "what the f*ck have you done to this thing? it wasn't as fast into the corners as the caterhams but mid corner i was able to literally plant my right foot and gripping round and through the bends!

BTW. for all people who moan about understeer in the S3. Your going too fast. I've never really struggled with understeer in my car obviously i know i can make it happen but its a 4wd. Slower into the bend get your line and power out. either that or way too much steering input. Im not making out I'm a pro racing driver now, but these have been my thoughts all along. I never voiced them as i wanted to prove to myself this was the case. And it is.

Heres some pics!

Upon Arrival, the convoy! (E46 M3 - 360HP) (me) (Mini CS 220HP) (E30 325 sport)
    [​IMG]

Plate off, Tow eye in & ready to Beast!
    [​IMG]

Track shots!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you enjoyed....
    ~RS~ likes this.
  8. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Wow great pictures ,great day ,your car is looking smoking hot...:)
  9. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Looks great Ry, hope you had a blast!
  10. ~RS~

~RS~ Active Member

Great day by the sounds of things mate, good call!

Excellent pics as well, really clear and crisp. Particularly liking this 2nd and 3rd pics, car looks epic :)
  11. S.

S. Well-Known Member

track day is a great fun...was once when i had just intake exhaust and a remap and had a great fun. now with all the other bits and more power i guess it would be even better. the only thing is that oem brakes don't perform long...
  12. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

cheers lads! itching to book my next one already! :arco:

S. you need to do one now your cars much faster! i cant get over how quick it felt. Next time i will have some extra cooling going on. My oil temp reached like 112 degrees lol!
  13. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi ryan any videos love these pictures makes me want to keep her,,lol!,go mocal or setrab for an oil cooler,they are great quality and will keep your temps in line.:)
  14. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

112 degrees isn't actually that hot, some of the 20vt lads are seeing 140+ on a trackday without an intercooler!

As you're keen to book the next one, how about this for a top day out amongst similar machinery?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-hatch-august-bank-holiday-saturday-25th.html
  15. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

There are a couple videos on my friends camcorder! ill have to try and get them off him when i see him. They are fly bys from the pit wall doing anywhere from 90-120mph WOT. They sound pretty cool!

That makes me feel better. Tp be fair i was keeping an eye on the oil temp and as soon as it went above 110 deg i had a couple cooling laps (5th gear all round) or stopped in the pits.

I do want to do another one but i've got friends who also want to come who don't own VAG cars so i don't think this ones going to work for me! :(