1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3RYE's Build Thread

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by S3RYE, Jul 16, 2010.

1. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

[Feb 9, 2011]
    may have to find another dealer, im taking mine to west london audi as my last one was a bit useless, there is a guy on vagoc that works there so hopefully they will be a bit more willing to help as my warranty runs out in a couple of weeks

yea the clutch is on and it weighs a ton compared to the oem one, but its gradually getting a bit lighter/im getting used to it, but as ive only done about 130 miles on it so far am still driving like a granny, but it seems to engage a lot stronger and by the feel of it the car is pulling harder even tho i havent opened the taps on it yet
  2. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Feb 9, 2011]
    sounds good! yeh im going to try a few dealers tomorrow... gonna be totally honest with them so theres no wasted journeys & time.. the cars due another service in 800 miles :ohmy:
  3. jungleman

[Feb 9, 2011]
    worth a try
    if you go onto vagoc and pm Edition 30 P (his name is phil) and have a word with him he may be able to have a word with the techs at his dealer and be able to help as he seems pretty reasonable
  4. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 11, 2011]
    nice work, hope all the issues are sorted
  5. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Feb 11, 2011]
    Sorry Paulo didnt see this... im gonna drop him a PM now... hes just thye type of person im after!! :anbet:

thanks mate, problems are sorted for the mean time! just waiting to see what happens when i go stage 2+ :sadlike:
  6. ~RS~

~RS~ Active Member

[Feb 11, 2011]
    Glad to hear all's well, I'd be waiting for REVO's full diagnostic prior to sticking anything else (Stg2) on there mate. I'm far from well versed but sounds like they (Revo) have f***ed up somewhere.
  7. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Feb 11, 2011]
    you are a legend Paulo...Spoken to Phil and hes on to it for me!! mentioned if it was up for recall he can do the work too!! these forums really are like gold dust to me... id be fecked without them being such a dumbo!

i know exactly what your sayin and am waiting for Revo to find soemhting if they can...

Tbh i can feel where the misfire has been mapped out! the power band drops quite bad at the top end of 2nd gear.. havent tried 3rd yet as id be breaking the law :busted_cop: so gonna have to wait untill im at my friends private test track tonight :ninja:
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  8. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Feb 11, 2011]
    New pic i quite liked, the camera aint great on the iphone 4 but HDR can do produce quite cool pics... Car filthy but i like

[​IMG]
  9. jungleman

[Feb 11, 2011]
    no worries mate, hoping he will be able to get the misfire on mine sorted as well lol
  10. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Feb 11, 2011]
    i said id take them out for a few beers if he gets anything sorted! will be down your way so youll have to come too!! :rock:
  11. jungleman

[Feb 11, 2011]
    yea ill be up for that, just have to let me know when and where and ill be there
  12. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Feb 28, 2011]
    When's the trim coming Ry :wub:
  13. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Feb 28, 2011]

Looks good Ry:happy: Dont know how i missed this thread for the last three weeks.
    When you want a new car you can always give me your hand me downs haha:laugh:
  14. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Feb 28, 2011]
    well i have a few quid to spend yet just trying to get her running properly then stage 2+ then trim... ive got all my wiring harnesses ordered! new seat bases and runner end caps... theyll all be ready for when i get them trimmed.. them harnesses have tore a hole in my pockets ill tell ya :sadlike::Flush:

LOL! yeh well hopefully ill win the lottery and then you can have it by all means!! :w00t:

cheers for comments though ash!!
  15. N8

[Feb 28, 2011]
    Not suprised! :wub:
  16. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 22, 2011]
    Bit of an update...

Got my car back its currently running no remap & feels rather slow...

i have bought all new seat parts (harnesses, plastic side bits, end runners & levers) ready for fitting. (when the time comes)

im going to pick up a Milltek DP tonight which will be fitted next week @ AMD where they will also put a Stage 2+ map on the car! i cannot fookin wait!!!

After that i will be pretty much done with the Engine & will move on to my retrim... I know many rave about MJ Interiors and there work does look fantastic but i think the whole logistical side wont work for me so im going to go with these guys B-Trim (Home) i know a lot of people who highly reccomend them & they are literally round the corner from me!!

just a pic i took the other day i quite liked..

[​IMG]

Will let you know how the car turns out next week!! should feel very fast going from non mapped to 2+ :yum:
  17. N8

[Mar 22, 2011]
    I will await these pics of your trim :unsure:
  18. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 22, 2011]
    Whats the face Nath!:ninja:
  19. N8

[Mar 22, 2011]
    It means I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU :laugh:
  20. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

[Mar 22, 2011]
    I think you can always tell a good company when the website is as professional as that, good luck and I'm sure you'll get the results
  21. jungleman

[Mar 22, 2011]
    you got your DP, did you get it with or without the cat?
  22. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 22, 2011]
    They are meant to be incredible at retrimming too!

Paulo, I managed to get the Milltek cat and DP off a guy going decat. Drove up to Luton tonight to get it. Done a few k but I'm not too bothered & got it for the price of a decat so happy.

Went out in a MRC tuned S3 tonight running custom map & tbe. It was unbelievably quick & sounded sick. It was makin 350 bhp just on that spec. No hpfp & no intake!

I Also know of a six pot ap racing brake kit going if anyone's interested.
  23. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

[Mar 22, 2011]
    looking forward to the pics of the retrim bud
  24. jungleman

[Mar 23, 2011]
    Sweet!! bet you cant wait to get it on and take it 2+!!

hopefully in a few weeks ill be able to afford my dp and then will take mine stg 2... we will have to have a meet up when they are both done and see what they are like side by side ;)
  25. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 23, 2011]
    sounds good paulo! Phil was at Amd yesterday having his decat & stage 2+ on his Ed30... Well get him out too!! will be a right laugh!!

Phils also talkin about a trip to the ring with a few of his lot... said i might be interested! you on it?? :eyebrows:

yeh i think im going to take it to a company called Flow tech to get the exhaust fitted... then try & get to Amd next week...
  26. jungleman

[Mar 23, 2011]
    ah thats why he had a short day yesterday haha, yea should be good... but damn my car will be the slowest haha... ill have to make it up under braking ;)

a trip to the ring would be good, all depends when you are planning on going

how come your not gonna get AMD to fit it?
  27. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 23, 2011]
    im gonna call them soon, it would make sense to get it all done in one place i suppose!! lol. I need the connecting pipe anyway!

yeh he was off @ Amd sneaking about on a school day haha!
  28. jungleman

[Mar 23, 2011]
    they know your car as well and they put the cat-back on didnt they?

haha thats what i like to hear, the way it should be done lol

i was up at WLA today dropping my engine cover off, hassle trying to get this misfire sorted! lol so miss my car haha
  29. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 23, 2011]
    i had the same thing last week... so long! in the end i just said sod it roll on stage 2+ & if i still have problems then ill send it back lol! too impatient for all that malarkay!!
  30. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 23, 2011]
    You wont be! you have my word!!

yeh its not so much the website that swung me... i have seen the E30 M3 they done & its pretty sick tbh! as well as the fact they do all the Revere Range rovers & things like that... high end cars...

thanks mate! will be a month or two away yet but ill just do it & suprise people!
  31. jungleman

[Mar 23, 2011]
    haha well by the looks of it mine problem could be MAF related as they have checked everything else so if they still cant find it, when ive got some spare cash ill just swap that out

so did you not get your ecu changed?
  32. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 23, 2011]
    nope, they said the same thing to me... Maf sensor... it did cross my mind that maybe its somehting to do with the Evoms as we both have it!! tbh Paulo ive read so many different solutions its a bit of a minefield... am just gonna get it to stage 2+ & see what happens!!
  33. jungleman

[Mar 23, 2011]
    thats the odd thing tho as mine never used to do it, its only been that last couple months and its getting worse... very strange!
    well if they cant sort it then i may just have to ditch the evoms for something like an itg max and bang a new MAF in as well... not what i want to be spending my money on!!
  34. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 23, 2011]
    same thing, i really dont want to have to fork out for another intake, but if i have to i will.. Either ITG or Forge Twintake
  35. jungleman

[Mar 23, 2011]
    yea i know, but will get a couple hundred back on the Evoms which will help the kick in the guts

reason ill go ITG is all the big power guys seem to be running that so should be reliable... id just miss the sound :( thing is jimmy on vagoc is running 2+ with an Evoms and he doesnt have an issue so im quite confused!
  36. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Mar 23, 2011]
    its not the evoms then haha! quick to rule that out! (never wanna loose my Evoms)

cars booked in to Amd next thurs for all work!! :rockwoot:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  37. jungleman

[Mar 23, 2011]
    haha Phil_T has got one on his as well, and im guessing he doesnt have this stupid problem as well, his is 2+ as well so its not directly evoms related, tho i think they both have theirs heat wrapped so maybe its a heat soak issue?
  38. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Apr 4, 2011]
    just a bit of an update!

car is now stage 2+!!! its fookin insane how much different the car behaves! from 3000-3500 rpm upwards its just insane!! all new noises over stage 1 & as some of you already know i fired my clutch in literally 15 minutes.. and no i werent even driving like a nutcase... So im now having to put some money away quickly to sort that out which will be a SACHS + OEM DMF... cant wait! so i can finally get some of this outrageous power down!! :hubbahubba:
    It made 355bhp & 360 Lb/Ft

the car still misfires though :sorry:Amd & Revo have both voiced there opinions over the fault now and are certain it is the Exhaust valves springs, which Audi have released a TSB for... I just need to work out a way to forcing them to carrying out the work under warranty as Amd say it will be around an 8 hour job which is going to cost £££!! but for the time being the Boost has been turned down a bit (revos advice) so the misfire is more unoticable...

I also treated the car to four hours of my life on saturday afternoon... hadnt been waxed or polished for about 3 months and was looking rather dead! so after a bit of grafting she came up lovely!

I did...

Pressure washed
    Snow Foamed
    Cleaned Wheels
    Snow Foamed
    Pressure washed
    2x Bucket Wash
    Paint Cleanered
    Waxed
    Treated Tyres & Rubbers
    Polished Milltek

Few pics before...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this ones for you Nath, Some MONSTER TRUCK TYRES!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also found these vids from year or two ago... Some night have seen, some wouldnt have..

Snow drifitng Vids (pre mods)

[video][​IMG][/video]

[video][​IMG][/video]
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  39. jungleman

[Apr 4, 2011]
    jesus mate, i know these are 4WD didnt think you were going cross country! ;)

looking good tho... making my car look a disgrace... really need to give it a good clean!
  40. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Apr 4, 2011]
    haha! good one Paulo, they are in fact the best tyres ive ever used... (all rounders) but will be replaced soon by Parada's or 888's :eyebrows: