s3gazz's slow engine build

Thanks guys well just want to said thanks for that Dave lol.

next is god u fwd guys how the hell do u drive your cars ha when doin 90mph the car just felt so light on the front end and as if it was going to hop to next lane lol scary never want a fwd car again.

ad Dave said carnt get no power down unless I'm already at speed but god does it feel like an animal all fires up so soon it's unreal nick turbo Beachbuggy and nice mapping rick to guys

thanks to Dave for taking me mate would not have it no if not :))

also that nls is immense haha **** a few people up with already lol. On the street using it it just turns into a big wheel skin but on motor way it's fine.

Week off work so time for new tip the badger 5 one with no adapter v3.2 is it guys so mine for sale, new s3 8p gear knob to fit, light controller switch, also oil change, powder coat my new pro race 1.2 alloys and plug the fuse back in hehe more power to be felt then carnt wait haldex for the win

Reactions: m19lte
Have to say that 3 guys around my area with s3 8p z what a dyno day at my mate to see who has most power ha 10er in the pot for the winner and another thing I forgot to get my dyno print out off so ill have another lol

So I'm off to see rick again so soon for another map tweak after a problem with the wastgate and the tip.
rick said it was only holding 18psi so after some messing about and a talk with dan I checked the actuater and hay presto
No pre load wastgate getting blown open so pre load added now running 22 23 psi don't no what is holding tho.
See if owts changed with the map after this and also new tip added.

Reactions: Jason.s and Westy
How much are 630cc ev14 injectors anyone mine are almost on the limits rick said

Thx Karl think iv sourced some already see what rick says when I speak to him

Speak to Beach Buggy Gaz, he's doing an AWESOME deal on some drop in Bosch 630's at the moment, would be perfect for you!

I thought 550's were good for beyond 350bhp? In fact didn't prawn run 440's at near on 350? Just enquiring as I'm interested lol

What did you mean about your post about the 238 g/s bill ?
thats what gaz posted up yesterday as a log he did........ 238g/s peak

1377532_247768512040787_540287302_n.jpg

1378750_247768555374116_447197956_n.jpg

its going back for fettling so if something up, it should be corrected

280g/s is an airflow to support the 350bhp power (on stock pump fuel fi its running efficiently)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goubo1
Hi guys
bill on this airflow I'm running now no not on the limit but the when he first mapped it at 352 bhp he said they were almost out of puff so that's my thought to the 630cc injectors pal.

Dan is now sending me a 15 psi actuater that ill fit before going to ricks for the tweak.
im preload is on it limit carnt add no more at all and so I'm thinking that the wastgate is still been blown open

Russ: injector capability on me3.8 is very different to me7, it's an old I is for and an old ecu, that whilst strange, seems to happily run almost static wide open happily. I even saw 370bhp on 440's at 3 bar with fuelling just starting to go lean. Same injectors on me7.5 would struggle at 320bhp.

550's required for an s3 at 350bhp, but as bill says, that's into the 90% region.

Reactions: slowcoach3
Hi guys
bill on this airflow I'm running now no not on the limit but the when he first mapped it at 352 bhp he said they were almost out of puff so that's my thought to the 630cc injectors pal.

Dan is now sending me a 15 psi actuater that ill fit before going to ricks for the tweak.
im preload is on it limit carnt add no more at all and so I'm thinking that the wastgate is still been blown open

thing is, if you thought the previous actuator was 12psi, but it only ran 6psi, it was a 6psi actuator.. Thats pretty much a std actuator. curious choice for a hybrid where exhaust back pressures rise very high. 15psi one will cause rick some work taming it back down again.. hehe.. I'm sure he will enjoy the process. It will help it no end however compared to your logs you posted.

what I dont understand is the logs you did yesterday vs when you collected it from rick, whats changed on the car? It was this 352bhp figure from 18psi (1.24bar) and your logs show 2240mb (18psi) at your peak currently airflow of 238g/s

Odd dont you think?

Ye bill that's my problem what has changed lol i had not done nothing apart from drive in and when I seem the actuater had no pre load I put it on also changed the tip that's it and still runs the same.
the 18psi rick has said above that was the peak bhp of 352 on 18psi but did spike to 25 or so on dyno.

only thing I can think of is the wastgate or faulty actuater pal

Ye bill that's my problem what has changed lol i had not done nothing apart from drive in and when I seem the actuater had no pre load I put it on also changed the tip that's it and still runs the same.
the 18psi rick has said above that was the peak bhp of 352 on 18psi but did spike to 25 or so on dyno.

only thing I can think of is the wastgate or faulty actuater pal

maybe the maf is under reading?
the logs you posted match what rick posted it was doing tho. (apart from the g/s looking low which could be maf)

Gaz - get it sorted, then take it somewhere else yourself for an indepenant dyno run.

238g/s is very low indeed.

^^ Cheers prawn I never realised different ecu's reacted differently to the same injectors. Every days a school day lol Gaz I've been **** out of luck with mafs from ecp, two under reading ones in a row :( hope you get it sorted asap pal

Don't get any electrical parts from ECP. I've had a brake light switch and an ABS sensor fail within 3 months from ECP. I buy all sensors, coil packs, anything electrical directly from the dealer now.

Ryt I'm going to see what they say tomoz and if they can swop it lol. My car is way too low to go to r-tech so don't no where else to go

Rick is a great mapper and I do trust him and has done a great job see what happens this week

Reactions: Jason.s
Oh noes. Here comes the troll again....

Not trolling at all.
Just trying to work out why Bill (and you) appears to be so negative towards Gazz's build.
Granted there was issues cause by the OP but there also other issues caused by Dan forgetting what he did to his turbo. The general 'in crowed' not believing the figures that Rick got out of Gazz's build being all critical of everything he has done, where if others have done it, you all seem to let them go and get on with it but not Gazz.
I don't understand.

He had issues and got amazing figures but because its not Bill or Nick it can't be trusted?
They are not the only two Dynos or tuners in this wide country and such they are not the gods it.

Last edited:
Reactions: m19lte, s3gazz and Jason.s
Ok, you see constructive help as negative?

Say Gaz is right, and the actuator was only holding 6psi. Why wasn't this picked up in the first few minutes of mapping? most mappers will setup base fuelling and things with the N75 unplugged and running on actuator pressure. Alarm bells ringing that this wasn't picked up straight away.

Also, Gaz states that the car feels the same to drive as when he picked it up, apparently with 352bhp. but logs show less than 300bhp's worth of air? How strange.... Logs also show it making the same 18psi at peak power that it made on the 352bhp dyno run, apparently. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think it's safe to say that we're all gutted for gaz, but somewhere along the line he's getting screwed, and instead of tip toeing around trying to be nice, why not just get to the bottom of it?

For what it's worth, I don't believe it ever made 352bhp, the graph looks wrong and the correlation between wheel horse power and crank horse power doesn't add up AT ALL.

I think the car still has issues, and once sorted, there will be a lot more to come from it, and more smiles for Gaz.

I just hope he doesn't waste too much more money trying to get to that end result.

I'm glad Rick is mature and doesn't get involved in handbags on forums unlike some tuners but I wish he'd come on and explain a few things to keep people from pointing figures and slagging him off basically.

Reactions: m19lte