s3gazz's slow engine build

I did not no it was the chip a thought It could of been owt else up with car so left it till I could get someone that new what they were doin to look into it dan

I did not no it was the chip a thought It could of been owt else up with car so left it till I could get someone that new what they were doin to look into it dan

For clarity: And How This Reads:

So Dan, who TOLD YOU already it was faulty, you IGNORED it, thinking he perhaps did'nt know what he was doing?? (seriously???) and waiting for someone else who ALSO knows what they're doing, to confirm its fecked?

That reads so wrong gazz its unreal..

Jeez

Dan did not tell me it was ****** bill he said it could just be down to not been mapped simples why would I change it if it I thought it just needs mapping and saved for that so I could put it right

Dan did not tell me it was ****** bill he said it could just be down to not been mapped simples why would I change it if it I thought it just needs mapping and saved for that so I could put it right

Thing is I know he did.......

He's said in this very thread Gazz he told you it was faulty..........

whatever

And when I sent it back with a stock map, and you still had the fault I said it had to be n75, boost leak or Ecu.. N75 was apparently right , no leaks and i believe you changed the map sensor after an altitude pressure fault code.. It makes no odds to me but I told you it had to be Ecu and then you text me in the 25th June to say its the Ecu which is at fault and some guy was sending you a spare! Hence why I thought you had replaced it already, obviously not!

I'm just surprised you seemed a little surprised when Rick told you.. Glad it's all sorted now though and looking forward to the results

Lol iv got txt on my phone saying it just might need mapping so u wrong there

Lol iv got txt on my phone saying it just might need mapping so u wrong there
Yeah and I also told you it might be the ecu!

So have I ..... on the 28th may I told you it was an n75 , ecu or boost leak issue.. You told me the n75 was ok and no leaks..

you told me that if you take it down to niki and it's not the ecu then it's a waste of a trip..

on the 31st may you told me the map sensor fault came up. And you didn't want to buy a new one if it was the ecu..you asked if I had touched the map, to which I replied no just flashed your original tuned file back on..

on the 6th June,, you told me it must be the ecu as you bought a new map sensor and it still had the fault..

I then offered to flash a completely stock map back on to eliminate the map...which I did

on the 25th.. You txt me to say that you had been told the ecu was damaged and the altitude chip was telling the n75 not to work..someone was sending you another ecu..

whilst I might not have actually said.. "Gaz your ecu is faulty, go out and buy another one now" I said it was faulty and so did someone else! I was diagnosing it all by text and postal service, I did say it was the ecu at fault and when the map had be eliminated it was going to always be hardware.. something you confirmed to me after someone else told you it was.. My point being I am suprised it took a 3rd person to tell you..

Its no issue to me, but like I said I was always under the impression you had bought another ecu and hence the suprise to here Rick said you need a new one!

It surely wasn't a suprise to you?

New ecu bought Rick will have this Tuesday and then go from there.

how does the chip just go bang when nothing been touched or done to it apart from a flash these things just don't happen do they lol.

so this is why I didn't want to waste my time on another ecu when I wanted to be shore my self by someone that nose what there doin do like guessing

New ecu bought Rick will have this Tuesday and then go from there.

how does the chip just go bang when nothing been touched or done to it apart from a flash these things just don't happen do they lol.

so this is why I didn't want to waste my time on another ecu when I wanted to be shore my self by someone that nose what there doin do like guessing

Flashing an an ecu isn't going to make an ecu chip pop.. Short circuits and bad wiring looms , water somewhere it shouldn't be will...

Bill why get involved in something that does not concern you as usual?

This is how i see how it went and yes i was there...

Gazz built is engine up and asked dan to put a safe map on it until it was mapped....

gazz got the ecu back from Dan and on the first engine start after the build it would start but not run....

Dan said there maybe a fault in the map, send it back and he will put the original map on....

Gazz sent the ecu back off and when he got it back from Dan it ran ok although it had an internal altitude sensor problem...

And thats how it has been since, nobody is blaming anybody, these things happen, stop making mountains out of mole hills....

The main thing is now is that Gazz gets another ECU in and it gets back to its full potential with a nice map from rick to compliment Dans hybrid....:icon_thumright:

Reactions: s3gazz and Jason.s
Bill why get involved in something that does not concern you as usual?

Dave, seriously??......... as Usual?? Lets not forget the many other self inflicted problems on this build by Gaz. (your future son in law for others reading this)

............. flashing it would not have damaged it.

If its FAULT occurred when in the car....... then there is possibly something about the car/install which damaged it..

Thats what I have said........... and if thats the case, the replacement ecu may also get damaged.

Its possible, but rare in my experience for an ecu to develop such an issue without external influence.
things which can blow ecu's are lambda heat circuit shorts for example...

I say this as something to help, not hinder. Gaz has had enough "issues" already.....

Please STOP taking things the wrong way Dave.

Thanks Dave that's exactly what happened.

the ecu came back with this problem bill not before so that's why I think it's been done in transit or will doing something with the ecu not blaming dan he's a top bloke just saying.

doing an engine build shortly will not damage the ecu but we will see when new one turns up

Gazz you are one of the unlucky members for sure, so i hope the new ecu is ok and rick can bring a nice conclusion to the build, regardleas of what went wrong and whos fault it is, that doesnt matter when all you want is a car thats finished and driveable :thumbsup:

Reactions: Gizmo20VT and s3gazz
Thanks Dave that's exactly what happened.

the ecu came back with this problem bill not before so that's why I think it's been done in transit or will doing something with the ecu not blaming dan he's a top bloke just saying.

doing an engine build shortly will not damage the ecu but we will see when new one turns up

You possibly can damage an ECU during an engine build, if as part of the build you have to remove any of the wiring loom or unplug a sensor the wiring can get damaged.. This may, and I'm not saying it will , could cause a short in the wiring , which when you start the car could fry the ecu or a component..

I think this is why there is some concern that if this is the case and you put another ecu in the car it will do the exact same thing.

Maybe a new ecu will go in the car and all will be fixed , happy days, and the mystery behind the blown chip may never be resolved, but £50 to fix a car which has cost £X000's already is a small price to pay....I just hope it gets sorted asap for you...

Reactions: s3gazz and s3dave
Thanks lads and so do I hope I fixes the problem too lol.

i see what u mean buy a short out and could be the case ill have to see if its the wiring that's at fault then if the new ecu does not work.

yes Karl I just want a nice drivable car and get some nice figures out of her for the money been spent.

I don't get the hostility towards friendly advice...

pardon my rudeness here Dave / Gaz, but might I suggest, given the epic wealth of success you two have had with your respective Hybrid builds, that you quite possibly need all the help you can get....

Suppose that what I get not paying the extortionate build prices and not nowing a thing about engine I think iv done quite well and no the 1.8t engine very well now. Some people won't ever change a DV lol so for me to do two engine builds iv come for we all start somewhere so it's not that iv ****** my car up lol

Reactions: superkarl
I don't get the hostility towards friendly advice...

pardon my rudeness here Dave / Gaz, but might I suggest, given the epic wealth of success you two have had with your respective Hybrid builds, that you quite possibly need all the help you can get....
You know something prawn, that is beyond rude, do you even know what happened to my engine?
Gaz made a mistake and it cost him dearly, and he as learnt from it..
Friendly advice? do you even know what you are on about?

Reactions: s3gazz and Jason.s
Suppose that what I get not paying the extortionate build prices and not nowing a thing about engine

Also not everyone has an army of bumlickers from a zillion different forums that will drop everything and come to the rescue if anything goes wrong. Most people if it goes wrong are on their own or recieve a bit of help or a slating on a forum.

I think as you mention despite the dramas you`ve done well to get stuck in yourself. I certainly wouldnt to that extent.

Reactions: s3gazz and s3dave
now irrelevent people have joined in...

Gloating of success when others have fallen, how things have stooped

If mine blows up id still have some pride that id attempted it, as gazz should.
And this ecu problem will be solved in time, sooooo, wheres the beef?

Reactions: [Dave B], s3gazz, Jason.s and 1 other person
Thanks Karl and Jason I try and have tried with everything I can on my car and get slatted for giving it a go fooooks me off really but or well.
bill had a problem with Stacey's car dint he and he's been doing it years no slating there I see.

Reactions: Jason.s
Thanks Karl and Jason I try and have tried with everything I can on my car and get slatted for giving it a go fooooks me off really but or well.
bill had a problem with Stacey's car dint he and he's been doing it years no slating there I see.

for clarity.. I had a problem with the supplied built by customer car - yes.
well documented, and not something I wish to experience again, nor stacey... one thing after another = frustrating and expensive

hope yours Finally comes good.

you have at least stuck at it, and are hopefully within sight of a decent conclusion. plenty of others chuck the towel in and break them.

So how long does rick need it for his mapping magic?

Reactions: s3gazz
Ah well atleast if there are issues Rick wont plaster it all over Facebook embarrassing the customer and having people judge what someones done by accident or put it on public forums before the customer even knows themself.

Reactions: ScottD3, s3gazz and [Dave B]
You know something prawn, that is beyond rude, do you even know what happened to my engine?

i don't Dave, no. I know you've had some pretty **** luck with it though and I'm sorry about that.

I wasn't gloating at all, merely taking the thread at face value for what it is.

Gaz has a known ecu issue, a possibly cause was pointed out, and the provider of said info was rudely told to butt out.

I havnt slated you at all Gaz, I think it's great that you've done it all yourself, it's a credit to you mate, I just don't think rudely dismissing the opinion of someone with far more experience than any of us is the way to help your self....

Tbh if this thread becomes any more hostile I'll close it without further warning. There is no need . I logged on to see how it was going and find this. Sigh.

for clarity.. I had a problem with the supplied built by customer car - yes.
well documented, and not something I wish to experience again, nor stacey... one thing after another = frustrating and expensive

hope yours Finally comes good.

you have at least stuck at it, and are hopefully within sight of a decent conclusion. plenty of others chuck the towel in and break them.

So how long does rick need it for his mapping magic?

ye i love to do these things my self it's a hobby we all have good and bad time in doing so its just a learning curve.

bill he said a few days but told him to keep as long as he needs no rush. I'm making a large port inlet to also a better flowing map sensor pipe

i don't Dave, no. I know you've had some pretty **** luck with it though and I'm sorry about that.

I wasn't gloating at all, merely taking the thread at face value for what it is.

Gaz has a known ecu issue, a possibly cause was pointed out, and the provider of said info was rudely told to butt out.

I havnt slated you at all Gaz, I think it's great that you've done it all yourself, it's a credit to you mate, I just don't think rudely dismissing the opinion of someone with far more experience than any of us is the way to help your self....

Np pal dint mean slating me as in u just when ever somate goes wrong people have a go lol and I try and stick at it all the way kinder p...ies me off when I try my best but not seen no one else get same treatment as me haha

Tbh if this thread becomes any more hostile I'll close it without further warning. There is no need . I logged on to see how it was going and find this. Sigh.

By close you mean close to clean it up? Because closing it would be a bit harsh on Gazz`s part. Not his fault people came in and started causing a ruck and shouting at him and playing the blame game for no reason.

Reactions: s3gazz
By close you mean close to clean it up? Because closing it would be a bit harsh on Gazz`s part. Not his fault people came in and started causing a ruck and shouting at him and playing the blame game for no reason.

I meant close, harsh yes, but that's how it is. I read it differently, I am however not going to talk about this anymore.

Gaz is happy to move on, I suggest others do the same. Thanks