1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ritmark

ritmark Member

Hi All

Bought my V plate S3 2 1/2 years ago - and just found this forum -- very useful thanks

Couple of questions

1 - I currently have the 210 BHP version and I am considering getting it chipped. I have had to replace the EGR valve, Dump valve and Air flow meter in readiness. Anything else I need to make sure is in top form before I chip to maximise it ?

2 - Anyone recommend a friendly place for chipping ? I am based near Bristol

3 - Noticed a huge difference in petrol consumption recently - checked the tyres - all at 26 !!! - a little air up to 33 and back up 4mpg - anyone suggest recommended pressures for 225 eco - contact 2 contis ?

4 - I will need to replace the exhaust soon and i am considering a perfomance one - any suggestions - I'm not into the noise as such just something that will last and sound good but not LOUD

5 - Really struggle to clean the trim with anything that actually helps without making things shiny - any suggestions ?

Thanks guys - appreciate your feedback

2. jediknight

jediknight Member

hi there

just so you know i am setting up a group buy for an amd stage 1 chip. prices are very good compared to the published ones on there site..

oh and welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[​IMG]

3. monty77

monty77 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi All

Bought my V plate S3 2 1/2 years ago - and just found this forum -- very useful thanks

Couple of questions

1 - I currently have the 210 BHP version and I am considering getting it chipped. I have had to replace the EGR valve, Dump valve and Air flow meter in readiness. Anything else I need to make sure is in top form before I chip to maximise it ?

2 - Anyone recommend a friendly place for chipping ? I am based near Bristol

3 - Noticed a huge difference in petrol consumption recently - checked the tyres - all at 26 !!! - a little air up to 33 and back up 4mpg - anyone suggest recommended pressures for 225 eco - contact 2 contis ?

4 - I will need to replace the exhaust soon and i am considering a perfomance one - any suggestions - I'm not into the noise as such just something that will last and sound good but not LOUD

5 - Really struggle to clean the trim with anything that actually helps without making things shiny - any suggestions ?

Thanks guys - appreciate your feedback

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Sounds like you're good to go - maybe check sparks but they seem pretty durable. Any chipper worth their money will do a diagnostics on the car before chipping anyway.

2. Don't know that way but I'm sure Revo have someone over that part of the world. www.revotechnik.com for a list of dealers.

3. Standard wheels? Tyre pressures should be listed behind the fuel flap.

4. 2 options really. Miltek or Supersprint. Loads of S3 owners seem to have fitting probs with the Miltek, on the base of this I went for the supersprint and am bloody happy with it - see my sig for some pics.

5. Autoglym rubber/vinyl cleaner is pretty good, no tacky shiny finish.

HTH
    Adam

4. ritmark

ritmark Member

Thanks for the imput guys - and nice piccys

5. chuckys3

chuckys3 Member

there is a group buy on the chipping on amd, u can save ur self a lot of money may want to consider that