S3 xenon headlight!! How much?

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
Basically as the title reads.

My passenger side headlight has gone and im wondering how much it would cost me? and where i could get 1 from?

I think its just a bulb, but its one of the gas filled bulbs i think.

I have just spoke to audi and they have quoted me £176 to supply and fit. Is that about right?

LOL sod that!

Ebay is fine. D2S 4300k. That's the bulb you're looking for. The type of our xenon bulbs are D2S. To put the bulb in you have to take the battery out but it's easy from there. A bit fiddly to get it in, its like a jigsaw puzzle to match up the bits so it goes into the holder properly but you'll get there.

Thats why they are AKA the main 'stealers'!!!

Hope you get it sorted.....

To be fair their's will be a Philips bulb, but I've got unbranded bulbs in mine and they work perfectly, and have done so for a year and a half.

As above, they will supply factory standard bulbs, most people not in the know will pay this! My father was charged an hours labour when he first bought his S4 for changing a bulb, the bill was almost £50!!

Thanks for that guys i have now sorted it out, Got the main dealers to sort it in the end, expensive but i'm no good at fitting things.

Thanks again everyone

Thinking about changing mine for 6,000K or 8,000K bulbs as OEM being 4,300K i fancy a bit more of a blueish/white light. I had 6,000k HIDs on my Civic before and these were bright white with the minimalist bluey tinge. Anyone done this on their s3?

Sami, the higher the kelvin rating (K) the lower the light output. 4300k offer 3200 lumens of light which is the highest any xenon bulb can give you. If you go for 6000k you'll lose a fair bit of light output. It's a false economy really, they look brighter but in actual fact the amount of light thrown on to the road is significantly less than an OEM 4300k bulb.

Oh wow, i never knew this before! Handy bit of info there! Maybe i'll re think my idea then lol :)