S3 Wing Mirrors??

manj

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking at some S3's (96-02) and found that a lot of them don't have the chrome mirrors. I thought that was a standard feature with all Audi S3's??? And i'm sure all of the new s-range Audi's have the chrome mirrors so i don't understand why a lot of them don't have these mirrors. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Also here are some replica mirror covers on ebay. What do you guys think of them and does anyone know how easy they are to fit??

Also are they chrome finish or matt finish on S3's and will some of these look to shiny?

Thanks.

I don't think that the aluminium mirrors were available at launch, but were introduced later on in the production run as a no-cost option. So it was up to the individual whether or not they ordered them.

IMO they are too bling and given the frequency they seem to be stolen off forum member's cars, they are more hassle than they are worth.

Oops, correct that, they were available from launch. Just looked back in my pricelist valid from 1st September 1999, and Polished Aluminium Door Mirrors were standard on S6 and S8 models, but a £240.88 option on the S3 and S4.

ive heard that you can bolt the wing mirrors in so they cant be stolen is this true?