S3 wing mirrors!

CorrDogg58

Reaction score
Where can I get some s3 wing mirrors for my car? And how much am I looking at?

Hi mate theres a few different models(8l,8p),which ones are u after?

Haha didn't realise there was a difference. It's a 58 plate sportback

Lol yeah mate ,pre-facelift and facelift models ..Any pictures of the car

Wow... Crazy? So do you know where I could pick some up from and what prices I'd be looking at?

25e7cf32.jpg

Reactions: Brodster
I may sell mine ,but not sure if they will fit a sportsback..

They range from 250-400, 8p3 ones are the nicest with the led indicators. Look in the classified, someone is selling some.

There are actually two types of S3 mirrors for the 8P3 ,2008- 2010 have the mirrors with the indicator built into the aluminium mirror cap (as u can see from photo above) and after 6/2010 Audi made the mirror cap slightly smaller .Just make sure u get the right ones ,i picked up a brand new pair for 200 euros shipped on Ebay germany ,definitely the cheapest place u will find audi parts thanks to the current exchange rate :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346117349249212

Reactions: Kelza
if it helps i have a 2009 A3 with dumbo large wing mirrors but managed to fit the 2012 slimmer wing mirrors to mine with no problems.

There are actually two types of S3 mirrors for the 8P3 ,2008- 2010 have the mirrors with the indicator built into the aluminium mirror cap (as u can see from photo above) and after 6/2010 Audi made the mirror cap slightly smaller .Just make sure u get the right ones ,i picked up a brand new pair for 200 euros shipped on Ebay germany ,definitely the cheapest place u will find audi parts thanks to the current exchange rate :)

Didn't know that, which one's do you think look the best? That's a really good price, how did you pay for them though? Gremany site doesn't seem to accept paypal last time I checked.

Cheers.

If you want you could just swap over the mirror caps or even have your current ones painted to look like the s3 ones instead of buying a whole new mirror set?
Of course if you want to go and buy a new set of mirrors you could get the larger dumbo mirrors (06/2008-06-2010) or the slimmer and newer mirrors (07/2010-2012) which fold upwards but that's a fair bit of money spent on the mechanical parts that you dont need.

Didn't know that, which one's do you think look the best? That's a really good price, how did you pay for them though? Gremany site doesn't seem to accept paypal last time I checked.

Cheers.

I really like the look of the newer mirror caps as they are less rounded than the dumbos but im a little biased already as i had to go for the newer ones .Ive heard that the newer mirrors result in more wind noise whilst driving at high speeds because of the shape of the mirror cap ,i have noticed this but not much i can do about it .

Ive bought about 10 things on ebay germany now and always pay by paypal ,best thing to do is contact the seller before any purchase as most of them ship to the UK even if the listing says Germany only .

Fitting the caps weren't that hard ,You just have to take the mirror out and there are a couple obvious screws that hold the mirror cap on ,once they are out you apply a bit of upwards pressure and they should pop out ,i found it slightly harder to pop back in as i was pushing it in at the wrong angle but all in all both mirrors should take u no longer than 30 mins.