S3 Window motor?

coullstar

Reaction score
Had a problem with my car yesterday in that the window would go down but not up again. Ive had the clips go on my old golf and it was not similar to that, it was like the switch was not working to close. I put it into the local dealers who said the motor was needing replaced. I asked if they meant the regulator or the motor and they said motor. They were wanting £277 to change it out with the motor acounting for half.

Has anyone ever had this or has it always been the regulator / clips? Ive got a 3dr Mk4 Golf motor so Im going to try that, I take it should fit?

I'd whip the door card off and check it out myself before spending that much money.

How difficult was the window clips to do? Need to do mine on the S3 soon as..

The quote lists a part number 8L3959801 to be replaced. Does anyone have EKTA that could check what that is please?

Thanks, so it is indeed just the motor then. Will that be replaceable by just taking of the door card. The Golf's was.

Hi Graham,

As I said, I would be really surprised if it was the motor.

I'd strip it all down and disconnect the motor (but leave wiring plugged in) from the regulator and see if it operates.

I'd say it's part of the regulator mechanism jammed.

Just replaced the motor on my 5-Door A3, can be done by just removing the door card, managed to my motor off ebay for £55 inc post, new boxed and genuine audi.