1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Washer Jets

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ianmack, Dec 31, 2003.

1. ianmack

ianmack Member

[Dec 31, 2003]
    Should they be heated? I'm fed up with a smeared windscreen and no windscreen screen wash when it's freezing. I've tried anti freeze screen wash additive but makes no difference after it's been freezing.
    I had heated jets on my last couple of cars and they are well smart. Being able to clear a smeared windscreen in freezing conditions is a must.

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

[Dec 31, 2003]
    I would say yes.

I had to try and get one of mine out of the scuttle panel to try and clear a blockage, and couldnt because of the very short wire that went into it.

that was on my 2002 S3, i assume my 2003 S3 is the same.
  4. a3tdi

a3tdi New Member

[Jan 3, 2004]
    All A3/S3`s have heated jets I`m sure.
    its more likely to be frozen in the bottle/pipes, the antifreeze in screenwash isn`t that strong. The stuff i use has to be used neat to get -25c protection.
  5. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

[Jan 3, 2004]
    You could always check the fuses too I guess? (ie. make sure they're actually heating)
  6. LYRAC

LYRAC Member

[Jan 3, 2004]
    S3's Have got heated Washers, what I would do is to always use the Audi Screen Wash as on the S3 the washers are of the fan type and if you do not use a good quality washer fluid the fan jets will block. If the car is not to old then go to the dealer and get them to check it out.
    I was in Scotalnd and over night the temperature droppped to -15 degrees and that's cold!! In the morning I started the car, thoughtlessly pressed the screen washer and no frozen washers and they did not freese at all the time was 9.00am and the temperature was a positively sub-tropical
    -11 degrees!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
  7. ianmack

ianmack Member

[Jan 4, 2004]
    OK chaps. I think I'll get them checked. I'm talking about temps just below freezing. In extreme conditions for this place like 15 below then I would have expected them maybe not to work but this is like 2 and 3 degrees below and they freeze.
    Cheers
    Ian
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif