1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Washer Jets

ianmack Dec 31, 2003

1. ianmack

ianmack Member

Should they be heated? I'm fed up with a smeared windscreen and no windscreen screen wash when it's freezing. I've tried anti freeze screen wash additive but makes no difference after it's been freezing.
    I had heated jets on my last couple of cars and they are well smart. Being able to clear a smeared windscreen in freezing conditions is a must.

2. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

I would say yes.

I had to try and get one of mine out of the scuttle panel to try and clear a blockage, and couldnt because of the very short wire that went into it.

that was on my 2002 S3, i assume my 2003 S3 is the same.

3. a3tdi

a3tdi New Member

All A3/S3`s have heated jets I`m sure.
    its more likely to be frozen in the bottle/pipes, the antifreeze in screenwash isn`t that strong. The stuff i use has to be used neat to get -25c protection.

4. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

You could always check the fuses too I guess? (ie. make sure they're actually heating)

5. LYRAC

LYRAC Member

S3's Have got heated Washers, what I would do is to always use the Audi Screen Wash as on the S3 the washers are of the fan type and if you do not use a good quality washer fluid the fan jets will block. If the car is not to old then go to the dealer and get them to check it out.
    I was in Scotalnd and over night the temperature droppped to -15 degrees and that's cold!! In the morning I started the car, thoughtlessly pressed the screen washer and no frozen washers and they did not freese at all the time was 9.00am and the temperature was a positively sub-tropical
    -11 degrees!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. ianmack

ianmack Member

OK chaps. I think I'll get them checked. I'm talking about temps just below freezing. In extreme conditions for this place like 15 below then I would have expected them maybe not to work but this is like 2 and 3 degrees below and they freeze.
    Cheers
    Ian
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif