S3 Warrantys

noodle

Reaction score
Time's rolling on and as a stark reminder I've just recieved a note telling me that my 3 year warranty is about to run out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've seen various posts about extended warranties in the past, but taken little interest as it didn't apply!

Does anybody have any upto date information, such as:

Who are the best and what I should be paying.

Mondial, who run Audi's UK scheme want £874 for one year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cheers folks

All the best
N

Assuming that the Audi warranty is no quibble and is full cover like the manufacturers warranty with no limits on claims etc, I think it's actually worth it after my experiences, however that's just me and my car.

i'm going to get hit with this in about 4 months. Do they offer any kind of monthly premium for the audi warranty, or is it a all-up-front charge?

Ensure you get the warranty through your dealer. I have had a 3rd party warranty on my A4 - what a waste of money.

A common response...

"Not covered sir - we believe the problem is caused by wear and tear"

"Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear"

Grrr

[ QUOTE ]
Ensure you get the warranty through your dealer. I have had a 3rd party warranty on my A4 - what a waste of money.

A common response...

"Not covered sir - we believe the problem is caused by wear and tear"

"Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear"

Grrr

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask who this was with? I've found a company called Warranties Online and they list what is not covered and they are asking £300 for a year, including Home & Road side assistance run by the AA...

I weighed up the pros and cons of extending the audi warranty when mine ran out back in July of last year.

At just under £900, it seemed far far too much.

I wouldn't trust 3rd party warranties due to the "wear and tear" get out clause, plus most have an excess.

So, I took the chance and went without, replacing things as and when.

Touch wood, I've only had a bearing go, which was £200 fitted.

I have done the same as you gek. Enquired about extending with Audi directly as well as others including warranty direct but cost and wear and tear get outs concerned me.

I bought roadside assistance for approx £45 and then mentally put the £900 aside in case the worse happens - keeping fingers tightly crossed!

If commercial companies are underwriting S3's at £900 then on average it would suggest average annual claims are less than this - for them to get their expected return. Yes of course its a gamble, but if it gets through the year okay then thats also a lot of cash to spend on running it!

Noodle... cant remember now - but they were taken over by someone else etc etc... they are all the same IMO - Audi at least know they have to fork out as its their car and their warranty and you are sitting infront of them.