S3 vs Wood Pigeon

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Jesus,

First the cash machine swallows my card for no reason and then I hit a pigeon on the way back to work.

I certainly caught the pigeon.

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
Gutted mate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutted pigeon more like.. LITERALLY!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif Not muh damage luckily!

Pigeon breats shallow fried with caramelised shallots and red wine sauce......mmmm!

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
Gutted mate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutted pigeon more like.. LITERALLY!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif Not muh damage luckily!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Hope the car is ok but!

Glad to see it hasn't caused any damage.

Keep your eye out for the RSPCA, they'll be after you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

"A new Pigeon Killer on the block!"

Yeah the gutted is the operative word!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Still with 'some' of the entrails on my radiator, I'm sure the smell of fricesse pigeon would smell nice wafting through the engine and inturn through my air con./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

What makes me laugh is that I washed it last night!!

Hi to all ive just joined the forum sorry to hear about your car hope theres not to much damage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif

that reminds me of the time i went to british touring cars at brands hatch. This guy pulled up in a ferrari F355 and was looking all smug as everyone was looking at his car. what he didnt realise is that we were all laughing at the blood on his bumper and the half a pigeon stuck in his grill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

lol, comedy moment on the forum. The feathers in the grill are cracking me up lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Glad to see there isn't much damage.

lmao here at that pic tho!!!

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
(and sorry for the pigeon!)!

[/ QUOTE ]

May he/she rest in peace! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
(and sorry for the pigeon!)!

[/ QUOTE ]

May he/she rest in peace! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that should read:

May he/she rest in pieces.

Had a good look last night, the only damage is where the 'beak' impacted on the bonnet (the white spec below the first ring), otherwise the old Clay Bar Quik Detail System quickly removed the rest of it.

Ho hum, be wary of flightless birds as you journey this weekend.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:
Ho hum, be wary of flightless birds as you journey this weekend.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or tits in people carriers who pull out on you on a sweeping corner whilst doing 70mph. Thank god for the porkers as the standard brakes wouldnt have stopped me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Had new discs fitted today and had to stop pretty quickly when i noticed the traffic stand still in front, there was an accident. I was doing well over the speed limit, anyway once i stopped and sat in the traffic for a bit they started smoking, so i pulled over to have a look but could not work out why? They did not even smoke when they were metal on metal hope i have not warped them already.

did you run the new pads in or give them stick straight away?.

well i had to stop, up until then i had hardly used them, maybe 10 miles or so... what do you reckon? they looked alright earlier plus i left my handbrake off for a while until they cooled down. My allows that were cleaned by Audi only a couple of hours before are now black again even after 10 miles. I'm just lucky it stopped at all.

Did Audi fit them or did you?, sounds to me like the pistons in the brake callipers were not full back making the pad drag on the discs, plus the brake dust on the wheels. Did the car seem sluggish ie you needed to give it abit more gas setting off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Audi done the work, i've just been out in the car and they seem ok! it's ashame i have not got the money for a Porsche upgrade. I did not think about that, it was quite embarrasing having to pull over onto the grass, there was no hard shoulder. Everyone who i had overtaken was now beside me in the traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:
What makes me laugh is that I washed it last night!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I washed mine on Friday and within an hour a pigeon had shat on it so badly it almost took a brillopad to get off!!

It's about time an S3 had some payback /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Dave