S3 Vs Remapped TDi 130

Status
Not open for further replies.
woo

if you want to see how fast ur tdi is 40-110 race me :D i love have a laugh, whether i win or not still fun fun!

jojo said:
It helps to be in the queue Rick, instead of waiting for members to be in the queue so you can shake their hand. :moa:

haha, you remember me so sweet,

ill be the passenger this year in your car :) or if you want ill be the driver

(but hopefully i should have a S3 by then)

rickparmar said:
haha, you remember me so sweet,

ill be the passenger this year in your car :) or if you want ill be the driver

(but hopefully i should have a S3 by then)

Not allowed to take passengers bud, or I would have offered, besides, a passenger = more weight, so slower times. :racer:

S3Andy said:

You never know what you'll come against, until you are at the start line! So there's me pulling upto the line in my remapped S3 with 19" rims, and a mk2 Golf GTI appears alongside... it's gonna be like taking candy from a baby was my first thought lol. Upon closer inspection though, where the 'GTI' badges reside on the foor trims had 'IHI' which is great, he has 300BHP minimum!, so I have a little peek inside, and there's just a bucket seat and a few dials as a dashboard!! He obviously took off and disappeared into the distance lol. :racer:

jojo said:
Not allowed to take passengers bud, or I would have offered, besides, a passenger = more weight, so slower times. :racer:

am light as a feather, well lighter than you, so if i drive it, less weight = quicker times :racer:

jojo said:
Thought they changed the rules last year so you could take passengers?

Ess_Three said:
Have you driven an A3 - especially a diesel one?
Or a Mk4 Golf (same platform)?

****** awful they are...wallowy, floppy, understeery, non-precise...

The S3 may be a wallowy, numb, understeery old hector, but when you get it by the scruff of the neck and throw it about, making the Haldex work...it's still WAY quicker than an A3/Mk4 Golf - especially one fitted with the heavy PD diesel engine.

Just out of interest, isnt the kerb weights vertually the same between A3TdiQ's and the S3's??

The Slug said:
Just out of interest, isnt the kerb weights vertually the same between A3TdiQ's and the S3's??

Not sure...possibly.

I'd suspect that the diesel has more weight up high, in it's engine though...whereas the S3 probably has more in the brakes, interior, body etc...lower down, and hence better for chucking about.

jojo said:
Me and you Rich, on the track at Castle Coombe later this year! :racer:

HAHA! Duel it will be, providing my Dif aint ****'d lol

very nice i might consider a VT7 £950 exchanging my turbo aint bad money for such a power gain!! Then all s3 owners can shut up!! I will speak to allard tommorow as i need to know what else will need to be changed in order for everything to be reliable!!

Ess_Three said:
..because everyone already knows that an S3 is in every way inferior to a 1.9 8v Diesel.

You forgot that it'd be fair to compare a seriously modded oil burning thingybob with a standard car, words fail me, well actually they don't but I'm feeling polite this evening.

PS... yes I have an S3 and I'm very jealous of your diesel rocket.

marka3130 said:
very nice i might consider a VT7 £950 exchanging my turbo aint bad money for such a power gain!! Then all s3 owners can shut up!! I will speak to allard tommorow as i need to know what else will need to be changed in order for everything to be reliable!!

You ain't doing yaself any favours Marky boy :sadlike:

Of course it would be fair...and the S3 driver would be trying...obviously. (or would he be wetting himself laughing at the soot getting chucked out of the back of the oil burner?)

I'm going to sell the C4s now...I feel the need for some torque in my life.
P-Ex for a 1.9 8v oil burner? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

lol you lot make me lauhg an s3 is the same accel as a modded pd like mine end of ITS OVER FROM NOW!! and just wait til mine gets converted!!

soooo sad
so so sad

all u guys are in need of a life methinks

Is it just me?

Or is everyone else sick of this mines better/faster than yours posts?

I for one, really don't care if an S3 is quicker than an A3 TDi or a A3 TDi is quicker than an S3. Does it really matter?

We all choose our cars for a variety of different reasons many of which do not relate to performance. For those members that want to prove they have the quicker car then there is only one way to know for sure - on the track. But this backwards and forwards of bhp/torque, petrol/diesel is not proving anything.

Why don't the guys who want to carryon this pointless rambling simply do it via PM as I for one am growing tired of reading the same thing over and over again.

Sorry, I know I'm a new member here but this is doing nothing for the quality and content of the otherwise great forum.

Just my 2p worth.

Those allard cars are quick, it says max so far on a 1.9tdi is 259bhp!

I suspect a lot will have to change to get that, not least clutch and diff!

marka3130 said:
lol you lot make me lauhg an s3 is the same accel as a modded pd like mine end of ITS OVER FROM NOW!! and just wait til mine gets converted!!

I'll decide when it's over...not you!

And I don't really give a toss how fast your soot chucker is...continue rubbing people up the wrong way and you'll get banned.

Right...enough is enough...

Rattly, smelly old diesels may give their pimply owners wood...but they bore the pants off me.
I've heard enough...
I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.