1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 vs m3 e46

millsyd Aug 4, 2006

1. millsyd

millsyd Member

does a s3 have any chance, my mate has just bought a 02 plate m3 drop top (daddy's boy).

2. madvw

madvw Active Member

not really.

3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

nope, not against a standard one, I've had some fun in the past and it wasn't as bad as I thought but unless their asleep you'll loose and it won't just be by a car length!

4. Lovegroover

Lovegroover Member

Is it a standard S3 ??

Rain would make some odds against a chipped S3 i reckon :eyebrows:
    As a previous BMW driver i know how sketchy my 328 sport (with LSD) was in the wet - tail wagging etc. (good fun but not if you wanna go quick) Don't get me wrong i know how quick the M3 is in comparisson, but on the twisties i reckon the sure footedness of the S3 in the wet could keep it at bay (when chipped)?

5. Gogs-S3

Gogs-S3 Member

I had a bit of fun with an M3 CSL the other night, he left me for dead off a roundabout on a dual carrige way but then he bottled it at just over a ton as the roads were a bit greasy, thats when the S3 came into its own!!!

6. madvw

madvw Active Member

probably realised he was in license losing territory...

7. millsyd

millsyd Member

yes my car is chipped i dont think he knows that up to 270+ and 400ft/lb that all ive done bar a dump valve and k&n pannle filter to the engine,
    he is only 21 or 22 his last car was a grey yarris on the front of fast car i done they sterio in it for him and been at max and other shows, now he goes and gets that.

8. LaSarthe&Back

LaSarthe&Back Member

coming soon to a hedge near you!!!!

9. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Yep I just hope he has some respect for the fact it's a powerful RWD car, bad combination with young bloke!

10. millsyd

millsyd Member

that's what i thought, im a few years older than him. its alot of power for a young lad.

11. Lovegroover

Lovegroover Member

Woah! I nearly showed my BM the wrong side of a hedge a few times and that was about 110hp down on his, he needs to be real careful in the wet stuff. And he'll need a nappy if it snows!!