S3 vs 997 GT3 RS

Why not? Im 21 and the idea of driving around in an RS4 I find pretty boring to be honest, and thats about the reason why I would spend money on an S3..

Weather a more expensive car is 'better' or not I think is personal opinion, for me an RS4 is not better because it has 4 doors and would look like I was driving my dads car, same story with M3 etc etc..

Ive been lucky enough to have access to lots of fantastic cars since I have started driving so in a way my personal car is a play thing and spending 5k on tuning a £30k S3 is still some way short of being able to afford an RS4..

he can do what he likes.

one day he will wish he hadnt spent all that money on an S3 though.

Why are you spending so much money on an S3? Dont you think buying a better car might be the answer instead of tuning the hell out of an S3? eg. an RS4 how much have you spent on the car, (plus what you are planning to spend in the near future)?

Whats my point.. 500bhp out of an S3. Why? Isnt 300 enough? How much compromise do you have to make to get that figure? What does it do to economy/ride/daily usability? It just seems too extreme. If you are just using it as a weekend plaything then fair enough. Just think you could spend your money more wisely and get a better car.

My other issue is with racing each other on the public roads. Posting videos about it draws needless attention to yourself. If you had a smash and were trying to claim you were a good safe driver, a quick look on here would not support you and could be used as a character evidence against you. Its been done before.

You seem to be a little bit of a troll , are we slighly envious of Jonnys car or something , now come on little man , slagging the lad off when you cars got more mods on it than a boy racers wet dream , come off it.

Why put more ICE in your car , is the stock system not enough , you are contradicting yourself a bit there , just look at your car , you have probably spent more money than jonny too!

You certainly seem to have many issues , probably sexual by the nature of your post , chill , live & let live as they say.

All the best , nice to "meet" the more sensible of you chaps on here and not the trolling haters.

Peace

Out

PS- We were not racing on the public highway :keule:nor did we exceed any speed limits in any public highway

he can do what he likes.

one day he will wish he hadnt spent all that money on an S3 though.

How do you know his financial situation? I'm sure he'll be glad he did spend a few k on the S3 with 500hp under his right foot! :)

didnt realise you were only 21 Johnny.

I ain't knocking the S3. Its a brilliant car. You're doing well to have one at 21. Fair play, maybe buying RS4's/M3s or even 911s is not an option at the moment. But I wouldnt spend too much on the S3. In a few yrs, when you're 25 say, you may want a 911, and wish you had a few extra pennies to spend on one.

Enjoy it. Sounds like you are anyway. Maybe if I were 21 and had an S3 I would want to do the same.

PS. I am your mum by the way, now go and tidy your room!

Jonny is taking his car beyond i would take mine , but thats choice , as has been said i salute Jonny for having the balls ( and money ) to do it , it can only help those of us who wish to tune there car in the future by following the path Jonny has cleared for us.

Nice one Jonny.:applaus:

p

Why not? Im 21 and the idea of driving around in an RS4 I find pretty boring to be honest, and thats about the reason why I would spend money on an S3..

Weather a more expensive car is 'better' or not I think is personal opinion, for me an RS4 is not better because it has 4 doors and would look like I was driving my dads car, same story with M3 etc etc..

Ive been lucky enough to have access to lots of fantastic cars since I have started driving so in a way my personal car is a play thing and spending 5k on tuning a £30k S3 is still some way short of being able to afford an RS4..

Christ, 21 and driving an S3 -whats your insurance like lad. In Northern Ireland you'd find it very difficult to get insured at all in an s3 below the age of 25.

Im 27 and my insurance totally rapes me every year haha. You must be doing well for yourself. Fair play to you lad, I was driving round in a electric blue 1.9d clapped out clio at that age haha.

Get that S3 up to 500bhp - i'd love to see that. Car lookd sweet too mate!!

You seem to be a little bit of a troll , are we slighly envious of Jonnys car or something , now come on little man , slagging the lad off when you cars got more mods on it than a boy racers wet dream , come off it.

Why put more ICE in your car , is the stock system not enough , you are contradicting yourself a bit there , just look at your car , you have probably spent more money than jonny too!

You certainly seem to have many issues , probably sexual by the nature of your post , chill , live & let live as they say.

All the best , nice to "meet" the more sensible of you chaps on here and not the trolling haters.

Peace

Out

PS- We were not racing on the public highway :keule:nor did we exceed any speed limits in any public highway

Hmmm, are you 12 yrs old? What an immature post! MAde me laugh though. No sexual issues with me, have you got something you would like to get off your chest though seeing as you brought it up???:whip:

I've been on here a lot longer than you pal and get on with people just fine.
Sorry, didnt realise that was a private road, Must need my eyes testing.

Damn I missed the video link =/ Is it on youtube?

jc_profile.jpg

This is Jonnyc, Aston race driver 21. no wonder he can drive. good on you mate

Me too but that was 15 years ago now!

Nearly 10 years ago for me - I loved that car though - there a great stretch of road near my parents called the 'Pinchinthorpe bends' the Golf was like glue through them - my first taste of something that was sporty to drive!
When I traded it in on my last S3 I was genuinely sad to see it go.

As far as engine mods go..

GIAC Hammer Map
Forge DV
EVOMS intake with extra cooling mods and CAI
Milltek Downpipe
Custom Cat-Back
VF Engineering full engine/gearbox mount kit

And about 5 litres of fuel.. : )

Jonny

Jonny, can you post a pic of the intake and "extra cooling mods"

Cheers

C