1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 vibrating exhaust?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AL_B, Jan 20, 2003.

1. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

[Jan 20, 2003]
    Well I have finally experienced this amazing [not] feature of the S3.

Went on a drive yesterday through the Peak District and Derbyshire (great roads) with Club Audi and Daniela Unwin's "Peak Car Tours". There were about 5 Audi's and a couple of other cars.

Anyway, weather was bucketing it down with rain, with lots of surface water (mini-rivers) flowing down the country lanes on the hills. Then it started, intense vibration and noise coming from the under the car - sounding like a enormous mobile phone vibrating on a desk!! The car only made the noise for a short time, 10 mins maybe, then it stopped. Wasn't driving fast either.

Later on though, I drove through a flooded stretch on an A-road at about 60mph!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was like a water splash on a rally stage! It was bloody excellent, water sprayed from the wheel arches and side of the car, in massive arcs! It must have looked cool from the point of view of the cars I'd just overtaken (and left for dead)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But there was no vibration at all after that.

So I'm puzzled. Has anyone taken their S3 to the dealer with this problem, and did they fix it? Is there a fix?

Cheers

AL
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

[Nov 13, 2012]
    hello chap.
    have you sorted this?
    sorry for the delay.

tally ho