S3 - Update on Manifold

MarkyS3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its taken a little while but i had a phone call from the garage today and they said the Turbo seems good from the propeller side, no play etc, i thought it would of been ok as there was no smoke or anything, they got the sheered stud out of head so its just a matter of fitting the new manifold tommorow now :)

They said i should get rid of it as it will cause me grief as there alot of plugs missing etc and its been bodged, thing is surely if plugs etc were missing something just wouldnt work or engine management light would be on??

It was an APY engine from new but now has an AMK engine could this be why plugs are missing off loom?

I wont be getting rid for this reason as it run well.....and its a very nice car for very little money.

Will let you all know how it is when i collect it, hopefully have boost lol

Cheers.

there are things that an APY doesnt use that an AMK does. narrow band vs wideband. your ecu is prob still the narrowband APY, so hence it doesnt need stuff that the AMK would need.
dont worry about it. as long as the mechanicals are sound. and no fault codes etc

there are things that an APY doesnt use that an AMK does. narrow band vs wideband. your ecu is prob still the narrowband APY, so hence it doesnt need stuff that the AMK would need.
dont worry about it. as long as the mechanicals are sound. and no fault codes etc

Exactly, i will get it plugged in for codes at somepoint, bit skint after buying it and now doing manifold straight away.
Will drive it steady until its been plugged in.

Itll have the secondary air system missing, mat also have had the n249 and charcoal canister removed but thats all really, ooh and it might not have the vvt plugged in as the apy doesnt have it.

Good call, forgot about them karl. As said i reckon itll still be running the narrowband ecu from the apy rather than the wideband, if ao, then its a shame as they should have done a proper job in the first plae.

Right ok, this may not be the case i will look into it more when i get the car back, how can i tell what it has and hasn't got?

Will it still be the 210bhp it should be if all this is missing?

Right ok, this may not be the case i will look into it more when i get the car back, how can i tell what it has and hasn't got?

Will it still be the 210bhp it should be if all this is missing?
its no different to how it left the factory, just a few AMK features that arent being used.
do you actually have empty plugs hanging round? could do with someone knowledgable about these engines confirming their origins. but obv if you dont have codes or engine lights it ahould be ok.
thing is if they put a wideband engine in, with loom, you'd have thought they'd have the wideband ecu too, that seems odd.
if it is AMK engine you should still be able to plug the features in, but im guessing the ecu wont recognise these things.
get it checked over imo

Yeh i will get it looked at, cheers guys, im not too worried about the extra bits not working as afterall if it was still the original AGY then it wouldnt have them anyway :)

its just a little odd. if it was wideband then they put an APY in, you could understand random unused plugs, but even then they would need coding out by a pro.

It went from an APY as it was from factory to a AMK which it is now.