S3 - Understeering in wet

There was a previous poster on here who lived in your neck of the woods and enjoyed the odd skiing trip that posted in a similar vane.

Your opinion is that the car is perfect for you, its a good place to get to.
Maybe when you actually own it that will change, maybe it won't.

I'm with V8 on this one though, through 10 months and 7,500 miles of ownership of my first my feelings on the handling echo his.
Had your opinion been supported by more than a test drive (albeit a great sounding test drive), then it would have more credence.

I'll politely decline your track offer, against someone that has been through Scottish winters and perfected their skills on super bikes I've no chance!

Not suggesting we wait til it's snowing... I'll give you a fighting chance and race you in the horizontal rain and pea soup that often frequents that track (haha).

Not me, I've never posted on this forum before.

I doubt the car will be perfect. It's only a £32k small hatchback at the end of the day. No car can really be described as perfect anyway. I could have all the performance God could throw at a car, but where would I find the space to lug 10 sheets of plywood and half a dozen bags of cement? Hmm... an Audi RS6 Avant perhaps? ;)

There was a previous poster on here

Speaking of previous posters, there was a moment yesterday when I though PilotAudi had stepped back into the room.

:lmfao:

Nothing seemingly about my credentials at all mate. I don't like to make out like I'm a driving god, but

That moment seems to have passed me by.

I noticed from your avatar that you joined the forum ten days ago.

Is this your first forum you have been on?

Yeah, I'm 17 and just passed my test.

No... why do you ask? I only signed up as I just ordered an S3 in July. Thought the craic would be good.

Speaking of previous posters, there was a moment yesterday when I though PilotAudi had stepped back into the room.

:lmfao:

That moment seems to have passed me by.

Aye, well. No one's perfect pal. You sound a bit geeky to me..... all the gear and nae idea. You're loaded with stats to counter any given argument... I've seen your sorts before big man :blahblah1:

Reactions: 4K
^ Top tip (which of course you're perfectly at liberty to ignore)

Don't jump in with both feet. Have a read around. Read the FAQs. Read what other people are saying about the car. Wait. Introduce yourself. Then it won't be such a shock to realise that the car isn't universally held up as the most sharp handling car around. And shock, people have different views to you.

I keep using the word "shock" as I'm sure you'll discover it's double meaning in time (pertaining to the S3) :)

Reactions: Blackwhite
^ Top tip (which of course you're perfectly at liberty to ignore)

Don't jump in with both feet. Have a read around. Read the FAQs. Read what other people are saying about the car. Wait. Introduce yourself. Then it won't be such a shock to realise that the car isn't universally held up as the most sharp handling car around.

Christ, we back on this one again? I don't need to read what others have said, most notably you and you're intolerance for how it performs (or doesn't as the case may be) in the wet. I'm sure I'll be just fine thanks.

You don't have to 'earn your wings' on an internet forum buddy.... it's the internet. It's not real life you know. Take a chill pill.

Reactions: 4K
What's your spec and delivery date Flatoot?
I take it you ordered from Aberdeen Audi?

I'm getting a bog standard Sepang Saloon manual on Wednesday.
My first was a relatively well specced Misano Sportback S-tronic.

Hmmmm, Actually I find Geeks to be very knowledgable and

interesting people! :readit:

What's your spec and delivery date Flatoot?
I take it you ordered from Aberdeen Audi?

I'm getting a bog standard Sepang Saloon manual on Wednesday.
My first was a relatively well specced Misano Sportback S-tronic.

Why, you away to contact Adam in Sales and find out my non-internet persona? ;)

Wk 37 build... Sepang Blue with a few minor extras. Probably get it just in time for Xmas!!

Aberdeen Audi sell loads of S3's is all, assumed you would have ordered from there.
Mine was in stock, so wait time around 2 weeks until the 65 reg comes in.

Will see you around perhaps - team Sepang (seems to be the most common colour up this way too).

This thread has to be one of the more entertaining recently.

OK,we're all different,and I probably could be written off as having no right to comment on the 8V S3,but owners of the 8P and 8V versions of the S3 do have to concede that the car is pretty heavy,and Audi have dialled a lot of understeer into it.
They've also specc'd it so as not to clash with other models in their ranges,but overall it's a solid,reliable car,with quality interior and a decent engine.

Since we're all different,we like different things from our cars,and the whole point of the tuning industry is to feed that need,and allow us to alter a car if we choose,to what an individual wants.

If you're happy with the car as it is,leave it that way and enjoy it......if you want more,or something different,but still want the practicality of a hatchback( as I do for instance) then do so,but for those that like to argue,don't be surprised when another forum user has something different to say.

Reactions: Blackwhite, Daveotto, Simon L and 1 other person
This thread has to be one of the more entertaining recently.

OK,we're all different,and I probably could be written off as having no right to comment on the 8V S3,but owners of the 8P and 8V versions of the S3 do have to concede that the car is pretty heavy,and Audi have dialled a lot of understeer into it.
They've also specc'd it so as not to clash with other models in their ranges,but overall it's a solid,reliable car,with quality interior and a decent engine.

Since we're all different,we like different things from our cars,and the whole point of the tuning industry is to feed that need,and allow us to alter a car if we choose,to what an individual wants.

If you're happy with the car as it is,leave it that way and enjoy it......if you want more,or something different,but still want the practicality of a hatchback( as I do for instance) then do so,but for those that like to argue,don't be surprised when another forum user has something different to say.

Couldn't agree more, might be little too much testosterone flying around now too which is usually a bad sign!! lol

Bottom line, you won't change others opinions so it's a complete waste of time trying. Making out you know more/are more experienced/ a previous rally driver blah blah blah just makes you look a d*ck in my opinion ;)

I don't agree with several established members on here but I accept their opinion and that their expectations clearly differ from mine :)

Reactions: Blackwhite, Daveotto, S3Alex and 1 other person
Couldn't agree more, might be little too much testosterone flying around now too which is usually a bad sign!! lol

Bottom line, you won't change others opinions so it's a complete waste of time trying. Making out you know more/are more experienced/ a previous rally driver blah blah blah just makes you look a d*ck in my opinion ;)

I don't agree with several established members on here but I accept their opinion and that their expectations clearly differ from mine :)

Absolutely.

This will make you laugh,I hope....
I drove an ex GpN rally car as my daily for a few years,and it was the most entertaining thing i've ever driven,but it doesn't make me a rally driver.

At the end of the day,we all expect different things from a car,but getting into a p*****g contest solves nothing.

Reactions: veeeight, mfl and Simon L