S3 TYRES

N8KOW said:
Indeed. Why would you wanna push a £30k car to the limit in the rain?!!! Use your :tocktock: Go with the falkens and tell us how u get on!

Right enough, why on earth would someone want to drive a sporty car with 4wd fast in the rain?
That would be MAD!
FWIW, I like sliding cars around in the rain (company or ones I pay for).
Any gimp can drive a modern car fast in the dry.
Throw some rain into the equation and someone with a slow car, like me, can often humble much faster ones.
Rain is a great leveller.
And before you even think about it, I can't even remember the last time I had an accident, it's been that long.
A woman rammed the **** of my A4 at some lights, but that can hardly be used as an example of me 'driving daft'.

N8KOW said:
Indeed. Why would you wanna push a £30k car to the limit in the rain?!!! Use your :tocktock: Go with the falkens and tell us how u get on!

Nice one mate. Will definately let you know how it gets on...

Bowfer you can have plently of fun on wet roads thats for sure...RWD Alpina :hubbahubba: .... Lucky git.
But with the Falkens i'll be able to have... some... fun but must remember cant push them to their limits or else... bye bye S3 and all the hard work of getting one in the first place.

And hey if you see a Ducati 748S Senna colours around Aberdeen be sure to say hello to the owner. Sold my Duke to him few months back and he rode it all the way back to Scotland.... Hang on you might even know him it is a small world.

markwiggy said:
Mine will be getting Good year eagle F1 assymetrics soon. Read a test in one of the mags that covered all the main brands, this tyre came out tops.

Mark

:icon_thumright:

Trial & Error. Just see how you get on, I'm gettin the falkens as well. Seriously if you lot wanna push your car to the limit in the rain you are asking for trouble, you might as well redline on a cold engine!!

lol.... No no won't push it past its limit never... but just a lil bit fun on wet roads... after all thats the type of weather we get in the UK.

I have Michelin ps2 just fitted a month ago. Its the first time i use these and i can really tell you they are great tyres. You cant go wrong with eagles F1 neither, used them before and they are also very good tyres.

Ok,

Now I need a new set of rears. Just replaced the fronts with Eagle F1 Assy. Very impressed so far. I can't ignore the FK452's though as I can get them for £60 a corner.

Should I swap the nearly new 1000 mile Eagle F1's to the rear and put the new tyres on the front?

p.s. This car eats tyres....6 so far in 21K! Albeit 2 punctures!

Also, can anyone recommend replacement pads?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I know it's an old thread but i need to change all tires. My budget is not too high and i'm looking at michelin pilot sport 2 / or 3 any other recommendations in that price range?

Thanks!