S3 Tyres

shinsplint

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Coming to that dreaded time, to replace all 4 tyres.

Any recommendations for the S3 ?

Want something that will last as well as grip well... don't we all :/

Would you be able to confirm that your car has the following dimensions 225 40R18 92Y?

If so, we can recommend you the following:

> Pirelli Pzeo Nero
> Continental ContiSportContact 5
> Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
> Michelin PS3
> Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
> Nokian Z G2

Let me know if we can give you any more detailed advice!

The rezulteo team.

Have used Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas and Falken FK452's from camskill.co.uk on my s3 with no issues - Vreds seem a bit better in the wet, but not always in stock.

Cheers esslll,

Do you have them fitted via Camskill as well, or sort that elsewhere?

Cheers esslll,

Do you have them fitted via Camskill as well, or sort that elsewhere?

I get them delivered to work (which some people seem to find amusing) and then take them to a local place for fitting - something like £10 per corner to fit and balance.

I was advised by Brodster who has an S3 to get Avon ZZ3s for my 2.0 TDI as he had them fitted on his. I have them in 19s and honestly i cant fault them! really good tyres with nice grip in wet or dry

Reactions: Brodster
ZZ3's are terrible. Had them on my supra and was wheelspin city. I personally like the Pzero's. :)

supra and A3 are 2 totally different breed of cars!
from what i have heard the Pzero's dont get highly rated on the S3s in the wet

Reactions: Brodster
Exactly....had the P-Zeros on my last S3 and they were crap so they were changed so goes to prove that do your homework first on how tyres perform on Audis irrespective of how good they were on another motor.

I had 2 different sets on my S3, Falekn FK452's and Uniroyal Rainsport 2's.

The Falkens where pretty good and I had used them previously on my Astra VXR and they coped admirably with the brutal FWD power that had.

The Uniroyals where a bit better than the Falkens though, especially in the wet. I have them on my Golf GTI now and they are great. I know they don't get talked about much in performance circles but think about how much ****** rain we get!

I would agree with this had FK452s on my TT and loved them, going to try them on the S3 next, previously had PZeros, Bridgestones, SC3s...ALL ****! So I'm trying Falkens and then maybe PS3s/SC5s

I would agree with this had FK452s on my TT and loved them, going to try them on the S3 next, previously had PZeros, Bridgestones, SC3s...ALL ****! So I'm trying Falkens and then maybe PS3s/SC5s

Falkens on an S3?!?!?!

They perform like an average tyre at best with the wear rate of a decent tyre, get something decent.

I have managed to find Michelin PS3 for £128 each from this website
Oponeo.co.uk anyone heard of them ?? for set of 4 it cost £512 and etyres is £600 for a set
anyone have any suggestion ?