S3 Tyre pressures + Creaks!

s3mike

Reaction score
Hi,
I checked my tyres for the first time on Saturday and the fronts were around 40 and the backs 37! Looking on the flap it says 39 / 30 for normal load with 225/40/18 ( not the m+s setting ).

Did I read it right? I've set them to 39/30 for now.

Also both my doors / windows are creaking when windows are shut. There are loads of threads on here about it, has anyone had the problem recently and got it resolved? I'm going to the garage today for them to 'have a look'.

Hi Mike,

I have Contisports on mine, the tyres state extra load on the sidewalls. You probably have the same tyres on the car so you need to look at the EL M+S values which are indeed higher than normal.

Regards, John.

I have settings for 225/40/18 XL
and 225/40/18 XL M+S

Somebody on here said M+S is "Mud and Snow"

I think the 224/40/18 XL ( for normal loaded car ) were 39/30.

s3mike said:
I have settings for 225/40/18 XL
and 225/40/18 XL M+S

Somebody on here said M+S is "Mud and Snow"

I think the 224/40/18 XL ( for normal loaded car ) were 39/30.

Mud and snow values also apply to extra load tyres too. I can't remember the exact figures off the top of my head, but I thought they were in the region of 42 front and 39 back.

Hmm, thanks..

I'll ask at the dealer when I'm there just to be sure!

For a quick fix to the door seal creaking noises, rub the interior and exterior door seals with Meguiars exterior / rubber gold class trim detailer. Allow to cure for a minute or so - then wipe off excess.

Works like a charm for about a month or so. :icon_thumright:

Other fixes include a trip the the dealer to solve it.

I forgot to ask at the garage but my fuel flap definately has :

Unladen :

225/40/18 XL 39/30
And 225/40/18 XL (M+S) with higher settings.

I have changed to 39/30 and the back end feels a lot less bouncy on country roads.