S3 turned into a panzer tank..

russwuss

Reaction score
Well, booked car in for new clutch (£790) which I'm still trying to stop crying about.

Now this happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4tVQFB04w0

To me it sounds like a) JR filter sucked up a rather large dog, that barks every time I rev the engine or b) the blowing manifold Niki picked up when I had the car mapped a few weeks ago has decided to crack...

If I put my foot down the turbo does work, however it's down on power.. So my guess would be it is the manifold as the turbo is lacking air?

Any idea how many kidneys I'm going to have to sell to fix this baby? If it is manifold is there any you guys recommend? I've seen relentless mentioned on here... But there hasn't been great feedback - JBS local to me do a custom manifold for £450..

One more question for the more mechanically minded people.. Would the garage have to drop the gearbox to replace the manifold? If I have both done at the same time I hope to save on labour.

Time to pour a large drink, any feedback received is very much appreciated as always.. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368906496053285

^ resorted to comfort food.

manifold cracked possibly, or perhaps more likely would be the turbo - manifold gasket.

Hmmm, it was only slightly blowing at first.. Been on a 3hr drive today and its gradually got worse and worse. Thanks for the input!

Turbo to manifold gasket cracked and all bolts 'loose'

Much better than what I expected :)

Well I didn't know that.. Thought it was a type of tank.

I stand corrected :)

Shows ASN isn't just knowledgeable on cars!