1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 turbo lag.... Really?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tobycruse, Jul 28, 2008.

1. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Jul 28, 2008]
    There is less lag with the K04 compared to the K03 because of the K04's twin scroll design..
  2. steve184

steve184 Active Member

[Jul 28, 2008]
    i agree i think turbo lag adds character and fun to an engine, much prefer this than a larger engine chewing loads of fuel at ALL times. Nothing better than hearing that whistle build up and whoosh your off - even in a diesel its fun! S3 must be so much better - something i will know about on weds as im having a test drive in one!
  3. thegasman

thegasman New Member

[Jul 28, 2008]

Completely agree. I looked at a few cars before settling on an s3. My first test drive was in a 350z and that left me underwhelmed. I soon realised how much more fun turbo'd engines were. Coming from a mkv gti I loved flooring it at 1500rpm and riding the smooth wave of torque that would kick in after a few seconds.

All depends on what floats your boat. A mate of mine is always raving about smooth revving naturally aspirated engines. I'd take a turbo every time.