S3 Trade-in value

15audis3

Reaction score
Since a few people on here are trading up/down or moving on from their S3, what sort of price are you getting on trade-in?

Mine is a 2015 with almost every factory option except sunroof and magnetic ride, 5 doors, S-tronic, FASH, 13k miles and immaculate condition. Cap guide says £25,500 but I'm hoping thats without options

Reactions: razza1
Options don't make that much of a difference though.

I have a golf R and it's only 16 months old, but with all these frickin lease deals it's flooded the market with them after said lease deals are up. Now means I'm going to be offered buttons for my r. Was hoping to jump in to an a45 but looking at it, may not be able to

Yeah may have to keep my S3 a bit longer, cant believe you can get M135i's for under 20k now as well

Yeah may have to keep my S3 a bit longer, cant believe you can get M135i's for under 20k now as well

It's ridiculous. What ever happened to having equity in a car. Just doesn't happen anymore due to the ridiculous discounts they offer, lease deals and crazy future values. So annoying. Hope like me you haven't pinned your hopes on getting a new car if you are in negative equity. I'm now in a sh*te mood that this new car isn't going to happen haaa

Options don't make that much of a difference though.

I have a golf R and it's only 16 months old, but with all these frickin lease deals it's flooded the market with them after said lease deals are up. Now means I'm going to be offered buttons for my r. Was hoping to jump in to an a45 but looking at it, may not be able to
Wouldn't bother. Was looking at the A45 myself, as I'm sick of how boring, and lifeless the S3 is, along with absolutely trash suspension. Go for the 440i instead, much better.

Wouldn't bother. Was looking at the A45 myself, as I'm sick of how boring, and lifeless the S3 is, along with absolutely trash suspension. Go for the 440i instead, much better.

But you see so many 4s on the road it's ridiculous which puts me of. Admittedly all 420d's. May need to go have a look at them. 31 and would feel it's a bit middle aged that car for me. I like the fast hatchbacks still. Was even considering a fully specced s3. Thing is, there's not much out there which interests me

But you see so many 4s on the road it's ridiculous which puts me of. Admittedly all 420d's. May need to go have a look at them. 31 and would feel it's a bit middle aged that car for me. I like the fast hatchbacks still. Was even considering a fully specced s3. Thing is, there's not much out there which interests me

Correct. Cheap, nasty, underpowered dead 420i's (so no turbo, no torque) and usually they are sport model not M Sport so they have the uglier front end too.

I'm in my 20's, and I much prefer the feel of the 4 series having driven it in Germany for a week, than the way the S3 makes me feel. I actually enjoy driving again when I get back into a 3/4 Series. The only thing that puts me off committing is that 90% of the poor driving I see daily is as a result of BMW drivers.

Reactions: FBF01
All 4 series petrols are turbocharged. In fact I'm not sure if BMW make any N/A petrols at all these days.

Reactions: Scottyg and Kugaman1
It's ridiculous. What ever happened to having equity in a car. Just doesn't happen anymore due to the ridiculous discounts they offer, lease deals and crazy future values. So annoying. Hope like me you haven't pinned your hopes on getting a new car if you are in negative equity. I'm now in a sh*te mood that this new car isn't going to happen haaa

Well, I would fill yer boots while you can......the £ Euro exchange rate means prices are only going one way for new cars....

As soon as Brexit is properly triggered, the days of manufacturers pre registering cars and or offering big discounts are going to be numbered.

ridiculous discounts they offer, lease deals and crazy future values.

One of my mates recently had a quote from a Land Rover main dealership in Chester on the following:

Range Rover Evoque 2.0 eD4 SE Tech, straight lease with them was £3000 down and £360 per month for 3 years with 10,000 mile per year.

He then tried a lease company 20 minutes up the road in Wrexham and got:

Range Rover Evoque 2.0 eD4 SE Tech, £333 down and £333 per month for 3 years, the only difference was he was limited to 8000 mile per year.

He would be charged 14p per mile if he went over the agreed mileage.

He asked where would the car becoming from, the answer....the dealership that gave him the other quote :D

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and FBF01
All 4 series petrols are turbocharged. In fact I'm not sure if BMW make any N/A petrols at all these days.
Wow, well it's incredibly slow for a turbocharged engine. I'd never buy anything less than the 430

One of my mates recently had a quote from a Land Rover main dealership in Chester on the following:

Range Rover Evoque 2.0 eD4 SE Tech, straight lease with them was £3000 down and £360 per month for 3 years with 10,000 mile per year.

He then tried a lease company 20 minutes up the road in Wrexham and got:

Range Rover Evoque 2.0 eD4 SE Tech, £333 down and £333 per month for 3 years, the only difference was he was limited to 8000 mile per year.

He would be charged 14p per mile if he went over the agreed mileage.

He asked where would the car becoming from, the answer....the dealership that gave him the other quote :D
What a dreadfully slow and boring car to be wasting £333 a month on. I'm paying around that for my S3, pretty much similar deal.

What a dreadfully slow and boring car to be wasting £333 a month on. I'm paying around that for my S3, pretty much similar deal.
lol he also has a 208GTi, Ferrari 360, Merc SL and a Merc S Class, so he's allowed a boring car for 'everyday use'...he has his own company so all on block insurance with anyone to drive ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Gordo77
Wow, well it's incredibly slow for a turbocharged engine. I'd never buy anything less than the 430

It's the entry level petrol engine for that model and doesn't float my boat either. However, a 7.3s 0-60 is hardly slow and perfectly adequate for some. The 430i has exactly the same 2.0l engine but in a higher state of tune.

BMWs 'M Sport' designation is even more a cosmetic and spec exercise than 'S Line' as its available across the whole engine range.

S3 residuals/trade in value....poor... Audi have flooded the market with them via there good pcp deals...simple as that....and if your loaded it with options all the worse.....only a private sale will pull you out of a bit less neg equity

Reactions: pburv
S3 residuals/trade in value....poor... Audi have flooded the market with them via there good pcp deals...simple as that so lots to choose from....and if your loaded it with options all the worse.....only a private sale will pull you out of a bit less neg equity

Reactions: pburv
S3 residuals/trade in value....poor... Audi have flooded the market with them via there good pcp deals...simple as that....and if your loaded it with options all the worse.....only a private sale will pull you out of a bit less neg equity
How does this affect the GFV?

Yea this perplexes me as well. I was only 8 months into my S5 24month PCP and after hearing everyone going on about negative equity I was ready for the worst...I got offered £3.5k in equity? This varied between -£250 to £3.5k. Is it a case that you have to shop around?

This was against the new A3 with a 16% discount too, which was far more than any offer from orange wheels or carwow, so it wasn't as if they were just making it look better by offering a crap discount on the next car...

lol he also has a 208GTi, Ferrari 360, Merc SL and a Merc S Class, so he's allowed a boring car for 'everyday use'...he has his own company so all on block insurance with anyone to drive ;)
More boring cars. Let me know if he acquires something decent :p

It's the entry level petrol engine for that model and doesn't float my boat either. However, a 7.3s 0-60 is hardly slow and perfectly adequate for some. The 430i has exactly the same 2.0l engine but in a higher state of tune.

BMWs 'M Sport' designation is even more a cosmetic and spec exercise than 'S Line' as its available across the whole engine range.
You and I have different interpretations of what's 'slow' and what's not. The old 430 was a 3 Litre. I believe the new ones are 2 litre, which, in a similar vain to Audi and it's 2.0 TFSI A3 vs S3, is tuned as you say. The 440i is the new 430.

Reactions: razza1
You and I have different interpretations of what's 'slow' and what's not. The old 430 was a 3 Litre. I believe the new ones are 2 litre, which, in a similar vain to Audi and it's 2.0 TFSI A3 vs S3, is tuned as you say. The 440i is the new 430.

It nigh on impossible to keep up with their naming structure...when I was looking the 420i was the 2lt, the 428i was the slightly faster 2lt, and the 435i was the straight 6 3lt.

So now it's 420i, 430i and 440i.....much simpler....wouldnt 420i, 425i and 430i make more sense...or was that what it used to be!!

And I agree anything less than the 3lt straight 6 is pretty poor. Its just annoying the straight 6 happens to be a absolute peach of an engine!

Reactions: 4K
It nigh on impossible to keep up with their naming structure...when I was looking the 420i was the 2lt, the 428i was the slightly faster 2lt, and the 435i was the straight 6 3lt.

So now it's 420i, 430i and 440i.....much simpler....wouldnt 420i, 425i and 430i make more sense...or was that what it used to be!!

Yeah, very strange. 428 was kind of a stupid engine if you ask me.. Bit faster than a 420 but slower than a 430, but with as poor economy as the 430. Don't know what kind of market they were targeting with that engine, but it was pointless.

How does this affect the GFV?

Your GFMV may fall a little short mate only time will tell, it happened to BMW owners l am going to request a settlement figure in January to see what's what?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Your GFMV may fall a little short mate only time will tell, it happened to BMW owners l am going to request a settlement figure in January to see what's what?
Looks like I will have little or no equity then...:blink:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Say my car has a GFMV of £18000 at the end of my term and at that time the market value is less.Do Audi take the hit and I walk away?..I put £8000 deposit on this car.Guess all that's gone...:bye:

Say my car has a GFMV of £18000 at the end of my term and at that time the market value is less.Do Audi take the hit and I walk away?..I put £8000 deposit on this car.Guess all that's gone...:bye:
Yip it's gone just like everyone's and if there's a shortfall it's you that needs to cough up the extra that's why my next car's a keeper **** paying cars up the rest of my days

My PCP is up in Jan (3 years) and I put £3.6k deposit down.
GFV is under £17k.
Mileage will be under 25k....as opposed to 30k on contract.

Looking in Auto Trader recently, there were no 8V S3s for sale under £20k at all.
I will prob therefore buy the car in Jan, then sell private or p/x shortly after.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, DrEskimo and pburv
GFV is under £17k.

Looking in Auto Trader recently, there were no 8V S3s for sale under £20k at all.
I will prob therefore buy the car in Jan, then sell private or p/x shortly after.
Sounds like a plan...:yes: Let us know if it works out..:friends:

Yip it's gone just like everyone's and if there's a shortfall it's you that needs to cough up the extra that's why my next car's a keeper **** paying cars up the rest of my days

I am with you there Jassy.
This is my first PCP and probably my last.

I am going to go back to the old fashioned loan method next time ....and stay in control.....even if monthlies are higher.

Most important is looking at future residuals and trying to get something that holds its value. That's where you lose the big money......not what you pay monthly (although that seems to be what everyone bases their purchase on nowadays).

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and DrEskimo
Sounds like a plan...:yes: Let us know if it works out..:friends:

I also started putting £100pm away at outset to recoup the £3.6k that came from my savings for the deposit. It's why I chose £3.6k deposit (over 36 months).

But I upped this to £300pm to have a bit more for the next car....as I want to get away from PCP.

So in theory, I have been shelling out near £800pm (£500 PCP+£300 saving)...so will have a good chunk towards next car...and have been used to high monthlies.

M2 or Cayman next probably.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and pburv
GFV is under £17k.

Shame its not S-tronic as I am thinking of buying a used model just like yours in about a years time! Love Estoril blue too....

I am with you there Jassy.
This is my first PCP and probably my last.

I am going to go back to the old fashioned loan method next time ....and stay in control.....even if monthlies are higher.

Most important is looking at future residuals and trying to get something that holds its value. That's where you lose the big money......not what you pay monthly (although that seems to be what everyone bases their purchase on nowadays).

Exactly my thoughts.

The issue isn't with the finance, its with buying a new car....Would much rather look at 2/3year of ones, put some money in to extend the warranty.

I thought the concept of a new car would be worth it, but I completely underestimated the psychology of actually 'owning' a car....

Shame its not S-tronic as I am thinking of buying a used model just like yours in about a years time! Love Estoril blue too....

Estoril is a great colour. And I have really liked this car, especially with Lunar Silver interior.

I tried DSG previously, but am much happier back in a manual. Each to there own in this one.....but if I were buying one a few years old, would definitely prefer manual just for reliability.

I also started putting £100pm away at outset to recoup the £3.6k that came from my savings for the deposit. It's why I chose £3.6k deposit (over 36 months).

But I upped this to £300pm to have a bit more for the next car....as I want to get away from PCP.

So in theory, I have been shelling out near £800pm (£500 PCP+£300 saving)...so will have a good chunk towards next car...and have been used to high monthlies.

M2 or Cayman next probably.
Been looking at the cayman not the S....it's a bare spec car indeed £322 for a dimmable rear view mirror no dab radio £255 lol its a lot of money don't know what percentage of discount is available on them yet if any,but will find out in November when l get my serious car buying head on,and av got ye on the savings plus paying for the car thing av only seriously started saving this year but l am extremely good at saving if l want something lol

Reactions: Soulboy, SpeedyFrog and pburv
Been looking at the cayman not the S....it's a bare spec car indeed £322 for a dimmable rear view mirror no dab radio £255 lol its a lot of money don't know what percentage of discount is available on them yet if any,but will find out in November when l get my serious car buying head on,and av got ye on the savings plus paying for the car thing av only seriously started saving this year but l am extremely good at saving if l want something lol

http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/718/718-cayman/finance/ :D

I thought it was pretty much impossible to get any sort of discount on them...?

Reactions: Soulboy, pburv and SpeedyFrog
PCP is silly money... But this time around I wanted 4 things for my car: 1) Be the 1st owner knowing that apart from the Audi guys etc.. the car has not been driven by anybody else, 2) Choose exactly the options and colour I wanted, 3) S- Tronic and 4) Not have to worry about warranty for the next 4 years. :racer:
No way in hell I'd buy a used car with S Tronic and I really wanted to drive the car away and think wih a big grin that's it that's my baby (minus the obvious fact it still belongs to the finance company... But let's put that aside for now!). Also been a while I haven't spec'ed a car myself so always had to accept what someone else enjoyed having as options somehow... and I wouldn't trust 3rd party warranties!
So there you go :) But of course I'm paying silly money for the privilege :scared2:

Reactions: j0nny2013, 4K, Simon L and 2 others