1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Traction control/ABS problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Daz A3 TDI 130, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Daz A3 TDI 130

Daz A3 TDI 130 Warp factor 10

[Jan 22, 2007]
    Hey guys,
    trying to help a friend of mine out with his S3. He has only had the car a little while and the warning light for the traction control keeps flashing.

Plugged it into my laptop and it seems to be a faulty yaw sensor but Audi want £305 plus VAT for this part! Any idea where i can get a cheaper one??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. campbell

campbell Member

[Jan 22, 2007]
    if you know what part it is/have the part number try vagparts.com

hope this helps, should be a lot cheaper
  4. Stewart

Stewart Member

[Jan 22, 2007]
    Whats the code that displays in VAG-COM for the part?

For example, the lateral acceleration sensor would come up something like :-

Lateral Acceleration sensor (G200).

On earlier cars the yaw sensor and lateral acceleration sensor were separate. On later cars (facelift and above) they were replaced with a combi sensor (Although still 2 separate sensors, just located next to each other).

The earlier yaw sensor is located behind the glovebox and is the dearer one of the two and £305 sounds about right.
  5. ste.B

ste.B New Member

[Mar 13, 2011]
    I've got exactly the same problem on my 2000 S3 - the ABS light and the traction control light (! in a triangle) keep randomly coming on and rather annoyingly staying on.

Had it MOT'd recently and the guy at VA autos had the computer in it - diagnostic was a faulty acceleration sensor which he says was around about £250 brand new.

I'm hoping he will determine which part is faulty and be able to just replace the one part rather than the whole thing... Fingers crossed it's not the yaw sensor!!

Does anyone know whether continuing to drive the car while this fault is active will do it any harm? Am I right in thinking it just means the anti lock brakes won't kick in and neither will the traction control???
  6. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

[Mar 13, 2011]
    No Danger in still driving it, those two things are just dissabled. Hope you sort it ok. I got rid of ny abs light with a longitudinal acceleration sensor. Tc one remains though:(
  7. alijames

alijames Active Member

[Mar 14, 2011]
    The only thing to watch, is that if you were to have an accident, and an accident investigation proved you were driving the car with known faulty ABS, there could be insurance implications. Highly unlikely, but theoretically possible.

Cheers,