S3 Tracker?

Daniel Knight

Reaction score
Hi All,

There has been a few S3's stolen in my surrounding areas recently and I am thinking it's time to invest in a tracker, do any of you have any suggestions for a tracker that isn't majorly expensive or if it is, one that I can monthly for?

Cheers

There are plus and minuses to fitting a tracker.

Not sure if I would want my car back if it had been ragged around by a thief. Lots of bodywork damage isn't uncommon on stolen cars. Also thieves often rip the interior apart looking for a tracker.

Here are a few to get an idea on pricing >
http://www.trackerfit.co.uk/cobratrak-plus.html

Old iPhone for me,always on charge and hidden in spare wheel. Then use find my friends on my current iPhone.
The Pay as you go SIM card uses about .50p a week in data charges.
I can also set my phone to alert me if the car leaves a set location.
Not an official tracker I know but I'd does the job.

Reactions: Bandicoot51, S32B and Wondering Soul
Old iPhone for me,always on charge and hidden in spare wheel. Then use find my friends on my current iPhone.
The Pay as you go SIM card uses about .50p a week in data charges.
I can also set my phone to alert me if the car leaves a set location.
Not an official tracker I know but I'd does the job.
Brilliant idea and recycling too :)

Went for GAP myself, if the car goes I don't think I'd want it back....especially when it would be replaced with a new one!

i got dragged out of my old 2007 S3, didn't want it back after that. i don't have a tracker now but i have cctv and a big doberman lol . after being in that situation the best thing to do is hand over the keys as your life is more important. tracker or not these scumbags will still try it.

the only thing better than a tracker is anti hijack which cuts the engine out after a certain amount of time.

Like others have mentioned if my car went there is no way I would want it back.

Although I have to say that iPhone 4 idea is a cheap effective solution to those that want a tracker!

i got dragged out of my old 2007 S3, didn't want it back after that. i don't have a tracker now but i have cctv and a big doberman lol . after being in that situation the best thing to do is hand over the keys as your life is more important. tracker or not these scumbags will still try it.

the only thing better than a tracker is anti hijack which cuts the engine out after a certain amount of time.

That doesnt sound good....I'm ok in Manchester...all the crims either think I'm one of them or the paranoid ones think im an under cover cop !

Believe it or not Manchester police have unmarked S3's in their fleet !

Reactions: Bandicoot51
Still wonder about trackers when I see tracker blockers on open sale ? Do the tracker blockers work , and if they do no point paying for a tracker.
Still thinking about gap as I am paying for my car out if my savings ... So no credit issues ... Still not sure

Still wonder about trackers when I see tracker blockers on open sale ? Do the tracker blockers work , and if they do no point paying for a tracker.
Still thinking about gap as I am paying for my car out if my savings ... So no credit issues ... Still not sure

Audi charge £500 for GAP

ALA charge £137 for 30k car for 3 years back to invoice
and if you sell your car and buy another you can transfer it or top it up.

Audi should be ashamed !

Reactions: Bandicoot51