1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Top Mounts

Sandip Aug 31, 2007

1. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

replaced my top mounts today as you can see they look worn out, i had a knocking noise thought it was my anti roll bar bushes replaced the top mounts instead and the knocking has gone and the ride is brilliant. [​IMG]

2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

how much were they out of interest as I may change mine when I do the suspension

3. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

cheap, £30 thats two mount's and two bearings from the dealers :icon_thumright:

4. s3jon

s3jon New Member

i paid £18 from gsf for mine.:cool:

5. jonS3

jonS3 Member

were they genuine audi parts? I've bought top mounts from GSF before for a mk3 golf gti and they useless, ended up taking them back and buying genuine.....

6. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

mine are genuine audi parts

7. CLS3

CLS3 Every penny goes on the Audi!!

I know this is dragging up and old thread but I believe this trait of the S3 hinders a lot of people so...

exactly how hard is it to replace the top mounts. Is it a case of dropping the strut down and sliding old mounts and bearings off and sliding new ones on?

Thanks for any help Chris :o.k:

8. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

Remove strut, strip strut, replace the mount and bearings, refit !

Not difficult but a bit time consuming and you need the correct tools.

9. CLS3

good good, thanks for that.

And a little off the subject Ian, how do you find your B8's and H&R springs? they could well be my next addition to the S3. do they ride quite harshly with the 18" RSTT's?

Thanks

10. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

Anyone got the part numbers?

Also I take it this was for the front only; how about the rear what is needed for these; if any?

11. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

Can't recommend them enough, car feels like a go kart now, everytime I get to a roundabout I seem to build up speed and throw it in !

Well worth the money IMO, standard stuff doesn't come close !

12. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Member

Has comfort been comprimised by the B8's to any great extent?

ICE

13. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

No, not enough that I notice tbh.

14. CLS3

Thats good to hear, my S3's ride is as hard as nails with the RSTT's and Roll Bars on.

15. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Member

ICE

16. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Sandip, was it hard to replace the top mounts, how long did it take and could you do it yourself??

I have just replace my front ARB Bushes, but still getting the noise, so i think this may be the next step....

Thanks
    Nilz

17. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Member

ICE

18. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

its a couple to 3 hours job if you are geared up and stuff comes apart ok, you need a 21mm socket that you can hold with a spanner while you put a 7mm allen key down the center. think other tools required are 18mm, 16mm 10mm spanners/sockets and a splitter or chisel to aid removal of the shocker from the bottom clamp.

oh and spring compressors if its std suspension.

19. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Cheers dude, will have a look into that when i get a chance :)