1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 test drive

FTO Jul 9, 2004

1. FTO

FTO New Member

Hi guys, i'm in the market for an S3 and finally got round to taking one on an extended test drive yesterday. I'm after a facelift version - the test car was a silver '03 model. First impression was that this car is much more refined and well built than what i'm used to (not suprising considering my last car was a FTO:)). The driving experience was somewhat uninspiring - first mods would have to be a chip and suspension upgrade - there was a great tendency to understeer and the engine didn't pull as well as i'd hoped.

I'm aware of all the chip options out there, but I was wondering if anyone could advise on an upgraded suspension set up. I'd like the car lowered slightly as I think it rides a bit high as standard, but ultimately i'm looking for a better cornering experience. My only fear is that this will have an adverse effect on ride comfort - one of the main reasons for changing the FTO was the harsh ride.

Thanks for all your help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. pure

pure Member

Hello mate, do a search for posts from ESS_Three about Anti roll bars and uprated suspension.

A lot of us run a similar setup. It works great as the S3's tent to understeer quite a lot.

I'm in work so haven't really got time to find the lnik for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cheers, Greg.