S3 test drive

FTO

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm in the market for an S3 and finally got round to taking one on an extended test drive yesterday. I'm after a facelift version - the test car was a silver '03 model. First impression was that this car is much more refined and well built than what i'm used to (not suprising considering my last car was a FTO:)). The driving experience was somewhat uninspiring - first mods would have to be a chip and suspension upgrade - there was a great tendency to understeer and the engine didn't pull as well as i'd hoped.

I'm aware of all the chip options out there, but I was wondering if anyone could advise on an upgraded suspension set up. I'd like the car lowered slightly as I think it rides a bit high as standard, but ultimately i'm looking for a better cornering experience. My only fear is that this will have an adverse effect on ride comfort - one of the main reasons for changing the FTO was the harsh ride.

Thanks for all your help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hello mate, do a search for posts from ESS_Three about Anti roll bars and uprated suspension.

A lot of us run a similar setup. It works great as the S3's tent to understeer quite a lot.

I'm in work so haven't really got time to find the lnik for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cheers, Greg.