S3 Tail Lights

kampatel

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am hoping one of you guys will be able to help me here.
I have just purchased a set of Black Design Tail Lights for
my S3. When they arrived they have got a message that says:

"These lights have no integral reflector and/or foglight. It is
your responsibilty to ensure that two additional red reflectors
(supplied) and or a red rear foglight are fitted to allow for legal
road use."

I have got a set of two mounting type plastic plates and two reflectors with sticky
on them. I assume one for each. Does anyone know where/how you fit these.

Thanks
Kam P

if you've got a foglight on the rear, which as standard you should, you don't need the reflectors. The foglight is intergrated into the rear cluster not a seperated unit, incase that caused confusion.

you will need reflectors on the back of the car in the uk to pass your MOT and keep the fed's happy, you will need to put one reflector on each side of the car close to the edge.you will also need a fog lamp on the o/s/r(drivers side rear) this will look naff ,the best thing to do is ebay them and get some lights with reflectors and fog lamp on them

ok i stand corrected didn't think you needed them if you had fog.
i doubt your find either black or clear rear's with intergrated reflectors i looked for these when i bought clear ones but couldn't find any, so just bought them without but didn't fit seperate reflectors, been though 2 MOTs without problems.

if you get a old git as a tester he will fail you on the reflectors,as long as you have the all of the required lights ie:-side,stop,indictors,number plate and o/s fog you should pass(well on rear light anyway)

Just put the originals on the car for an MOT and for the rest of the year use the new clusters

very true it depends totally on who does the test the guy who did my last, pasted it without a rear number plate saying " no prob's i know you've got one, seen your car around with it on" the guy had done work on the car before, but still!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif