S3 suspension upgrades

klauster

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I am looking into sharpening up the suspension, while the car handles well, its not a patch on my old R32, so I thinking if Im going to keep it, I will need to get something sorted.

Anyone done anything to theirs yet, or heard of any solutions...?

Obivously I can replace the entire suspension, but whatabout just ARB's?

Im interested in hearing any suggestions

Are you wanting to go lower?

I would suggest FK Silverline X coilovers which are stainless steel, height and dampening adjustable

people will say to get KW varient 3's but trust me, FK's ARE KW's but cheaper!!

I am sure there will eventually be thicker anti roll bars provided by the likes of H&R, neuspeed or eibach which would stiffen it up a bit

what about strut braces?

I remember a guy in Oz did some extensive suspension mods to his S3 not too long ago. Try a search. I guess all the kit he used is available over here...

Take a look here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43258

Look like the whole kit makes a massive difference. However it is not cheap! I googled the shocks and the only place that i could find in the UK had them for well over £1000. Hoever the H&R kit only costs about £250 i think:icon_thumright:

Hey

I wouldn't mind a Pm with info on availability and prices etc also..

Thanks

Jonny

I agree totally. Although my S3 has many good attributes it doesn't handle nearly as well as my son's old R32 or my recent M3 - the bumpy corners are a real problem. I've heard that Kim Collins of QST is the man, and I'm going to phone him for advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

There is a pic somewhere with an S3 with the 25mm HR springs on it and the drop looks really nice. Does anyone know which ones would be need for a normal A3 S-line to achieve a similar drop?

They do a 35mm drop for normal A3, so would this be the same drop overall, is the S-Line 10mm lower than a standard A3?

Thanks (sorry for hijacking the thread)

Alex2.0T said:
There is a pic somewhere with an S3 with the 25mm HR springs on it and the drop looks really nice.

Yeah that would be my car. These H&R springs are fantastic. Car handles like its on rails and looks the part too:icon_thumright:

DSC00387.jpg

Rabbit222 said:
Yeah that would be my car. These H&R springs are fantastic. Car handles like its on rails and looks the part too:icon_thumright:

that looks great, you get any rubbing at all? :icon_thumright:

klauster said:
that looks great, you get any rubbing at all? :icon_thumright:

Thanks mate, I did initially get some rubbing but that was sorted out by removing a screw on each fenderliner on the rear arches. She is just fine now....

So no rubbing at the front? looks to be a good drop just with springs..

Rabbit222 said:

Yes thats the one, the drop looks just right on it!

Does anyone know if the S3 is any lower than an S-line in standard form?

yes it is, i think its another 10 or 20mm lower then the S-Line

klauster said:
yes it is, i think its another 10 or 20mm lower then the S-Line

Defo, Mine sits a lot lower than my wifes Sportback.