Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Flat bottom multifunction wheel

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters

JohnS3

Reaction score
Which wheel have you got in your S3?
(Poll inspired by a post by Phantom)

the fact that I 'could' have a flat bottom one meant I had to have it.

I like to get things a bit different... (tho clearly at 100% here its no different to the audi guys!)

Yeah its a nice touch. Over inflated price but you've got to have it.

On a slight tangent here. My mate dropped round today in his 08 plate Skoda Octavia VRS and its the one thing missing that would have added to his car. Suprising how much VAG there is in Skoda. Being a top of the range one it had plenty recognisable features.

Great idea John hehehe! i had the MFSW in when i bought the car , but the FBMFSW looks smart, and i had a feeling most S3 owners would have it, which would of made my car harder to sell come sale time ..........so i bought one!!! hehehe

FBMFSW ...... to me it was a must have. Just looked the biz, the shape and the alloy trim just seemed to look better and make it a little bit more special IMHO.

Haven't got an S3 guys, but have most deffo got a FBMFSW. The best £340 I've ever spent, that with the RNS-E completes the dashboard imo...

In South Africa the flat bottom MFSW is standard.... but then again we get cloth/leather as standard seats.

I am happy with my round wheel! I thought about the multi function but I believe that 2 of the controls do nothing unless you have the mobile phone kit. I thought buy the lumbar adjustment instead!

prt

Is there any where else you can buy these fbmfsw,s from like vag parts for instance. i think audi would be a bit pricey

I have a standard S-line wheel (not MF) but find my legs brush the bottom of it whilst getting in and out.

Can I retro-fit a FBMFSW? I'm not fussed about enabling the MF part of it I just think it'll help with access. Does anyone know if you can get a non MF FB wheel?

Will that fit the A3 though?

Quick search on German ebay shows a TT FBMFSW for about £155.

Is this the same as the S3 wheel?

mitch78 said:
Yes, it will fit, someone on here fitted a multifunction one from a TT. I can't remember who, but I know it's been done and yes, it looks the same apart from having to swap the TT logo on the bottom

It was Jamie (JamS3)

I'mRonBurgundy? said:
Will that fit the A3 though?

Quick search on German ebay shows a TT FBMFSW for about £155.

Is this the same as the S3 wheel?

Is that price just for the wheel? The flat bottom wheel requires the round airbag unit which costs around £500 from Audi. But the two together if you can like N8KOW did and save a few quid.

I see, popular item with over 200 views. Go for it!!

mitch78 said:
Yes, it will fit, someone on here fitted a multifunction one from a TT. I can't remember who, but I know it's been done and yes, it looks the same apart from having to swap the TT logo on the bottom

That was me yes!

Went straight on with no problems.

I actually had a wheel off a car from a factory fit the other month when researching my retro-fit and would you believe it was a TT part from the factory put on a S3 as it was a part number beginning in 8J0!

Just a little note if anyone buys the FBMFSW which is in the ebay link above. You will probably need a different harness lead to connect the airbag to the slip ring. The one pictured does not have the extra wire on to plug the multi function bits in (I might be wrong but cant see it in the picture) If its not the right one its only £30 from audi. I fitted N8KOW's yesterday and his needed the different lead

N8KOW said:
Matt did a cracking job as well. Pics to follow!

Are we getting pics of all you've done? You've got a lot going on there for a new car. It'll be interesting to see all your changes and mods.:icon_thumright:

To be honest, I've been so excited, I've missed out loads of pics already. I'll post a pic before of the wheel though and after. Also just some other pics of the car. My bulbs changes were the same as jon's post so no point doing it twice. completley over the moon with the car, even if it is day 3. LOL

N8KOW said:
completley over the moon with the car, even if it is day 3. LOL

Glad to see your enjoying it. Its been a bit of an A3 bashing fest of late (maybe justified for some buyers of course) on some posts so its good to hear that there are ones out there that do tick the box for their owners.:thumbsup:

mattandrew said:
Just a little note if anyone buys the FBMFSW which is in the ebay link above. You will probably need a different harness lead to connect the airbag to the slip ring. The one pictured does not have the extra wire on to plug the multi function bits in (I might be wrong but cant see it in the picture) If its not the right one its only £30 from audi. I fitted N8KOW's yesterday and his needed the different lead

Hmmm

Mine did not come with a attachment on the airbag to connect the multi function bits in, take it I only need this part to get it all working properly?

JamS3 said:
Hmmm

Mine did not come with a attachment on the airbag to connect the multi function bits in, take it I only need this part to get it all working properly?

Yeah its a wiring loom which links it all together. N8KOV's had two plugs on the back of the airbag and a small plug to connect the MF and DSG, the part number for the Harness which I got was 8J0971589B but rembember his wheel was for the TT so may be different