S3 steering Rack?

Charlie23

Reaction score
Hi guys read a few posts but just wanted to confirm or maybe help me out.

I have started to bet a creeking noise on full lock at low speeds. If on even ground or going 2mph it doesn't do it but if it's at 10mph going around a car park it seems to creek.

I was hoping it was top mounts or maybe a moving spring but after reading some of the threads it could be the rack. Is there anyway to find out for sure or would it be worth giving the top mounts a quick lube up. As I'm sure it didn't do it in the rain the other day???

Also does not make any noises when stationery and turn full lock to full lock only when car is moving it happens.

Cheers guys

Check your top mounts first mate cheapest option

Reactions: Charlie23
Top mounts seem all fine.

Tried a few more different senario's lastnight and its seems to be only when your turning full lock but if your on the throttle it's fine but as soon as you let off its makes this terrible creaking, clatty sound. It's fine in a straight line just when the car is on a turn? Anyone else had anything like this?

Is it possible to upload a short vid so we can hear the noise ????

Did you get to the bottom of this? Got a similar issue so interested to hear how you got on. Thanks

one of my top mounts went. the first sign was creaking. rapidly deteriorated soon after ...