1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 steering noises

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by VeVeX, Nov 25, 2008.

1. VeVeX

VeVeX Member

[Nov 25, 2008]
    Having a little problem with my car. When I've done a little driving I can hear a squeaking noise when turning left or right. I can also feel a bit more resistance when this is happening. It's fine when cold.

Anyone else come across this problem?

Keith
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 2, 2008]
    Check your Power Steering fluid had a groan with my steering and came down to no fluid - filled it up and all noises gone.
  4. gmanwrx

gmanwrx wanting a s3

[Dec 6, 2008]
    I have a problem when pulling off in first gear on full lock, the car seems to vibrate like the wheels are catching or spinning, but I'm only pulling off slow. Any ideas guys?
  5. WildBruce

WildBruce Third Gear

[Dec 7, 2008]
    +1 for the knock on full lock, I get that when I leave work each night, although it does not seem to happen when I pull away slooooowly........

Also [probably not related] I get a knock form the back left wheel [area] after I release the hand brake and pull away in the morning, I think it must be something sticky cause of the cold, but not sure what exactly it could be.
  6. rusty s3

rusty s3 Member

[Dec 9, 2008]
    i get the very same noise when on full lock.let me know when you find the cure.......