1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 standard leather - pics wanted

Metalex Jul 21, 2008

1. Metalex

Metalex Member

I'd appreciate it if someone could post some pics of their embossed leather seats that come standard with the S3. I can't seem to find any decent pics - there's some in the S3 colours thread, but they aren't the greatest quality.

I'm wondering whether it is worth going for Alcantara at no extra cost, or sticking with the leather.

Cheers

2. Metalex

Metalex Member

Has nobody got the standard leather seats? :ermm:

3. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:

4. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

I've had Alcantara (last car) and embossed leather (current car) - pics below. The Alcantara did go a bit shiny after 3 years - the leather may do the same but its easier to prevent if you "feed" it regularly. Having had both I'd go for embossed leather again (although it can singe your **** in the summer).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's my old Alcantara interior:

[​IMG]

5. Metalex

Metalex Member

Thanks for those Iggu. They look pretty nice.

I noticed on the configurator that the door panels are finished in alcantara if you choose alcantara seats. Are your S3 door panels finished in leather? It's hard to tell on the configurator.

6. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

Yep smooth leather on the doors - not embossed. It was Alcantara on the doors on my old A3 though you're right. Same goes for corresponding panels in the rear.

7. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:

8. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

Yes, in the same place you can see alcantara on the pics below

9. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

Beat me to it! :applaus:

10. Dave1000

Dave1000 Member

anyone think the two tone leather seats are more comfortable than the standard blacks ones as they are embossed or feel no different?

11. Metalex

Metalex Member

I can't imagine they would feel any different unless you were driving naked!

I heard someone say that you slide around less with the embossed leather.

12. Metalex

Metalex Member

Well, the car is all ordered (S3 Sportback) and I've stuck with the standard leather.

I couldn't decide between White or Brilliant black, but went with the slightly safer choice of black.

Also added iPod connection, mobile phone prep (armrest), light and rain sensor, interior light pack.

Delivery should be some time in October, although have yet to hear a firm date.

13. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

Metalex - your buttocks won't be disappointed with that choice. Strongly recommend you apply DiamondBrite leather feed the day you get it. Good luck with the car - its a winner mate.

14. Metalex

Metalex Member

Cheers Iggu.

Did you retrofit your SatNav? If so, do you know of any reputable places to buy new units from?

15. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

I didn't retrofit personally (the dealer did after they cocked my original delvery date up) but there is a thread running called RNS-E at the moment which seems to have lots of advice on who to buy from. If you're anywhere near Manchester then s8Craig is the man !

16. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

I went for alcantara and think it looks nice (wasnt keen on the retro for cortina style embossed seats myself!)... but its true that alcantara can look tired when it gets old.