S3 standard leather - pics wanted

Metalex

Reaction score
I'd appreciate it if someone could post some pics of their embossed leather seats that come standard with the S3. I can't seem to find any decent pics - there's some in the S3 colours thread, but they aren't the greatest quality.

I'm wondering whether it is worth going for Alcantara at no extra cost, or sticking with the leather.

Cheers

Has nobody got the standard leather seats? :ermm:

I've had Alcantara (last car) and embossed leather (current car) - pics below. The Alcantara did go a bit shiny after 3 years - the leather may do the same but its easier to prevent if you "feed" it regularly. Having had both I'd go for embossed leather again (although it can singe your **** in the summer).
DSCF2538.jpg

DSCF2537.jpg

DSCF2536.jpg

Here's my old Alcantara interior:

DSCF1848.jpg

Thanks for those Iggu. They look pretty nice.

I noticed on the configurator that the door panels are finished in alcantara if you choose alcantara seats. Are your S3 door panels finished in leather? It's hard to tell on the configurator.

Yep smooth leather on the doors - not embossed. It was Alcantara on the doors on my old A3 though you're right. Same goes for corresponding panels in the rear.

anyone think the two tone leather seats are more comfortable than the standard blacks ones as they are embossed or feel no different?

anyone think the two tone leather seats are more comfortable than the standard blacks ones as they are embossed or feel no different?
I can't imagine they would feel any different unless you were driving naked!

I heard someone say that you slide around less with the embossed leather.

Well, the car is all ordered (S3 Sportback) and I've stuck with the standard leather.

I couldn't decide between White or Brilliant black, but went with the slightly safer choice of black.

Also added iPod connection, mobile phone prep (armrest), light and rain sensor, interior light pack.

Delivery should be some time in October, although have yet to hear a firm date.

Metalex - your buttocks won't be disappointed with that choice. Strongly recommend you apply DiamondBrite leather feed the day you get it. Good luck with the car - its a winner mate.

Cheers Iggu.

Did you retrofit your SatNav? If so, do you know of any reputable places to buy new units from?

I didn't retrofit personally (the dealer did after they cocked my original delvery date up) but there is a thread running called RNS-E at the moment which seems to have lots of advice on who to buy from. If you're anywhere near Manchester then s8Craig is the man !

I went for alcantara and think it looks nice (wasnt keen on the retro for cortina style embossed seats myself!)... but its true that alcantara can look tired when it gets old.