1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 spot light bulb failed..

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Demon G, May 9, 2007.

1. Demon G

Demon G New Member

Interestingly I have just had a bulb indicator symbol pop up in the info display telling me that my front n/s fog light is out (the one in the lower grille/spoiler), even though I have not used it recently.

I can't seem to get rid of the symbol and need to change the bulb and wondered if anyone new what's involved as I cant find anything in the manual and can't obviously see how it's done. So before I start a trial and error process I thought I would ask the people who usually know.

Thanks for any help.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Here is a page from the workshop manual showing how to change the fog light bulb on an A3. I assume it will be very similar for the S3.

change fog light bulbs on A3

4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

similar thing to me at the minute

i have posted up here before about my rear lights

everytime i get into the car the dash info beeps at me and tells me my right rear light is out - i know thank you very much but for some reason you stupid car you keep blowing the bulbs everytime i change them!!!

anyone any idea why this is happening??

the bulbs are definately being blown - they work for a very short period of time then they go out!

i havent been using bulbs supplied by audi, but bulbs are bulbs (as far as i know!)

thanks

5. mcmasman

mcmasman Member

Are you sure the non-Audi's bulb have the same amp? bulbs blow out prematurely if current is too high. :think:

6. Boydie

Boydie Guest

i know why they blow lol

i am going to have to bare it and go to audi this week and tackle them about it - starting to really annoy me!

7. Demon G

Demon G New Member

Thanks guys.. The S3 Grille doesnt seem to have the same release tabs as in the A3 manual but I'll have a closer look. Anyone know?

Bulbs will probably be double the price at Audi. It usually follows the smaller the part the larger the cost.

8. Boydie

Boydie Guest

you could have a go at audi and try get them to replace it under warrenty but usually bulbs are not covered under warrenty! but since yours is so new they might make an acception!