S3 Sportback (Aus) Sepang Blue should I get Black Styling?

Marfro2006

Reaction score
I have a week 20 build for my S3 Sportback (Australia) Sepang Blue with Black Styling kit plus roof rails, Performance Pack, Magnetic Ride, privacy glass, etc.

Thoughts on the black styling kit on the blue? I have seen it on an RS6 looks good?

I have 2 weeks to decide?

It does look good to be honest, but then again silver on blue looks great too. Which alloys are you going for?

The 5 twin spoke S design with red calipers they are a fairly dark grey

I have a week 20 build for my S3 Sportback (Australia) Sepang Blue with Black Styling kit plus roof rails, Performance Pack, Magnetic Ride, privacy glass, etc.

Thoughts on the black styling kit on the blue? I have seen it on an RS6 looks good?

I have 2 weeks to decide?

Week 20 is next week, and as I understand it from reading other threads on ASN, orders are locked 4 weeks prior to the build week.

My build week is 22, meaning my order is also now locked.

Sorry you are right just looked again I must be 24 or 25 as car not due in Aus until late August. Sepang blue could not be ordered until June in Australia anyway. Estoril was the only blue on launch.

Its that whole debate about personal choice again.

Personally I prefer the silver / chrome contrast with the blue (which I why I've ordered it :) )

Hang on... Yes you order the black pack then we can do a contrast when it arrives and we can put up pics showing both....:laugh:

I actually prefer the black grill though rather than the standard one. It's a tricky one the good thing is in Aus I think we can have a darker tint than in the UK so my car should look pretty good (expat living in Aus).

I can't stand the chrome on any S3, no matter what colour it is. Just cheapens the look of the car IMO. Reminds me of a Ford Cortina! Black styling pack should be standard on all S3's!

Reactions: ColMariner
My friend has just picked up his S3 hatch in amalfi white with the black styling pack and it looks fantastic. I'm due to pick up my S3 saloon in phantom black in a few weeks with the chrome. I think the chrome makes the car look more executive in black.

It finally arrived picked it up today. Very happy with Sepang Blue with BSP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 575
Reactions: Tej13, ACWKGYTO, nickatkinson and 5 others
Beauty!

I went with black pack then removed it, all depends on what you want. I find it is more aggressive with black.

There's a new S3 near me identical to what I have ordered and looks really nice with chrome. The way he keeps driving it though, constantly footing it and this is the 3rd time I seen him now, if he doesn't calm down he's going to end up doing something stupid.

Sorry to bump.

But this makes me a million times happier now seeing those awesome pics. Ive ordered an s3 3door in Sepang blue with the black styling.

Looks more discreet sitting on the street imo

Reactions: s31jay
I do like the black grill ................................

imagejpg1.jpg

Snap! Same dealership too by the look of things....!
Perfect combo apart from daytona and BP, nevertheless, stunning. Nose is outlined so well with the lighter blue that is becoming more and more popular and less and less exclusive like estoril ;-)

I don't think you can wrong either way... I prefer the chrome, but the black looks good.
The blue looks better without the S-line wheels we get as standard, I think that makes a bigger difference.

imagejpg1.jpg

Snap! Same dealership too by the look of things....!

I went for the chrome with the LED headlights but both look amazing. Sepang is such a nice colour.

163289aa d412 4aa9 9f77 9dace4abf69e zpsa4cxuhlf

5029a5de 23f7 4883 b4d5 c13ce4da80ec zpsuojm3n1n

Reactions: Jassyo06
I decided for chrome and now I want it all blackened :)

Reactions: nickatkinson
In my opinion it's an S3 so should have the chrome, but I'm bias as every Audi I've had has been a black edition so the black just reminds me of a lower spec car. I think if you go black on an S car it should be the mesh black grill just to be different.

Just for balance though I don't like the grey around the number plate on the chrome,I will be blacking that out. Go go black vinyl.

I am picking up a S3 in Sepang Blue on Sunday March 15 with the Black Styling Pack,Black Roof Rails,Privacy Glass,Panoroof...adding all of these options together,l think you get the full effect of the Black&Blue.....sportier look,l didnt option my original order like this,this was a showroom car "On Order" that l managed to get a hold of,because i wanted a Panoroof....but i am chuffed to bits,as there aint up until now a lot of S3's like it....they are all chromed out,like my original spec Chrome Roof Rails,Chrome Grill,Led Headlights

My s line sportback is black with the black pack black roof rails privacy glass and pan roof so excited to see it not seen one with this spec ,

You helped me decide to go for Black Styling Pack and Privacy Glass. Looks amazing! May still wait for the RS though.