1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 sportback 2011 8P Upgrades list?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by briniuk, Dec 19, 2013.

1. briniuk

briniuk Member

Does anyone have the link to a PDF or know the parts list for the Audi S3 8P IE Bose system, RNS-E DVD nav system etc?
  2. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

Bose - don't bother, not worth it. Better putting your money into an aftermarket system.

RNS-E - easy retrofit, just buy the unit, remove old unit, install new unit and enjoy. Just a plug and play item.
  3. Muzza80

Muzza80 Member

RNSE is not really a plug and play item on a newer car...

You need to ensure the new one is coded in properly with VCDS and unless you want to put up with **** radio reception and error codes stored on your head unit you need to make up a custom loom and change the large and small antenna amplifiers in the tailgate for the diversity setup that a factory fitted car came with.

You also need to re-arrange some wiring and buy a new plug from Audi if you want to retain the factory fitted AUX port by the handbrake.

That said, it's a very worthwhile mod, I've been very impressed with the 2011 RNSE unit I bought.
  4. briniuk

briniuk Member

Muzza what is the part number for the DVD ? can you also get the nav on SD card?
  5. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

Didn't know that about the facelift but in the pre facelift you can just slot it in and works a treat

Nav is read from CD only
  6. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

The 2014 DVD part number is 8P0 919 884 BQ

And no you can't put the contents of the DVD on to an SD card an run it.
  7. briniuk

briniuk Member

Looking on ebay this could be expensive for a 2014 version is there much difference really from me buying a cheaper 2011 version? Does anyone know the code for the 2011 nav cd
  8. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

Speak to NHN, he can supply u with an RNSE and map disc :)
    I got RNSE retrofitted and I didn't upgrade the antenna etc and my radio is great :p
    Agree with above Bose is good when u get it for nothing when u get the car, don't think if retrofit it tho for the price.
    Plus Bose and RNSE "can" be prone to volume issues mainly audio pilot mic.
    Better/ cheaper upgrading the speakers in the car for a noticeable difference :)