S3 / Sport Fog light question

Lings

Reaction score
What if any diferences are there in the front fogs from an S3 compared to a sport model ?
Can sport fogs be modded to fit an S3 bumper ?

Cheers

as far as i know the sport fogs (pre faclift of course) do not fit Sline/S3 fog grills. I needed to get a set of fogs when i did my sline upgrade. i think it was something to do with the way the grill fits on top of the fogs.

Sport fogs and S3 fogs are totally different shapes.
The most obvious difference is the Sport fog has a flat edge at the top and the S3 fogs are totally oval/round.
S-line fogs and S3 fogs are the same.

You can also use A4 fogs as they are the same shape/fitting (04 onwards).

S3/S-line fog part numbers:
8E0 941 699C (left)
8E0 941 700C (right)

A4 fog part numbers:
8T0 941 699C (left)
8T0 941 700C (right)

OEM fogs are made by Valeo, so you may be able to find valeo branded units (i.e. non branded audi, but they are exactly the same).
I saw these for about £40-50 brand new somewhere, but can't remember where.

Here they are on valeo's website, with the valeo part numbers..

s3fog.jpg

Nah, not if you're careful when removing the wires from your original plugs.
All you need are the s3 fog plugs. See my thread in my sig for price and part number.

*what can I type here?*

Well how about...what do you call a bloke who dosnt like tractors anymore ??
an extractor fan.............You see its a joke :lmfao:

On the face of it they sound and look like they will fit, but they're not original (valeo/audi) parts so how well they will fit is going to be a risk.

I picked up OEM A3 fogs for about the same price, but as you know, it takes some waiting and searching.

To be honest mate, if the fogs were all I needed to complete my conversion then I'd probably risk it. If I still had more parts to source then I'd wait for OEM.