1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 spoiler..

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by [Dave B], Feb 17, 2003.

  1. [Dave B]
    Offline

    [Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    1,995
    Likes Received:
    111
    [Feb 17, 2003]
    Anybody know where I can get one at a reasonable price?? I haven't checked with Audi yet as I'm sure it will be a complete rip off. Any variations welcome as its to go on my A3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    #1
  2. Ads

    Ads

    [Sep 17, 2014]

  3. bjacks
    Offline

    bjacks Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 17, 2003]
    The Charactere one seems to be the boy. I believe Naresh has one on his A3.

    Cheers

    Ben
    #2
  4. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 17, 2003]
    umm ive just bought the S3-tuning.de spoiler from Carsten....the guy doing the the rs4 stuff for the s3 and a3,.....ive been waiting a while for it ...because the bank buggered up, (still waiting fir it to appear should be very soon)....anyway cos ive had way too much time to reflect....im not going to put it on now,...gonna get an s3 instead of tarting up the 1.6 ..makes no sense really,....anyway...if you want to buy it off me when it eventually gets here,you can have it for £60+ delivery what ever that is...thats what i paid for it.....im,losing a tenner on it cos i had to wire the money to germany....boo hoo....anyway anyone interested before i get it and put it onto ebay?...may be wrong thread sorry!
    #3
  5. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 17, 2003]
    heres a picy off the website...
    #4
  6. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Feb 17, 2003]
    According to my UK accessories brochure the spoiler is 150.00 GBP Inc. VAT.

    And according to my Dutch version of the accessories brochure, which by the way contains a hell of a lot more tuning parts than the UK version....Remus exhaust, chip tuning, Ronal, BBS and ATP wheels and the list goes on...anyway where was I, oh yeah the spoiler costs around the 230 GBP (After conversion obviously) including painting.

    So I guess what I'm trying to say is wherever you go Audi will rip you off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    #5
  7. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 17, 2003]
    umm the offical audi one is ****...i bought it and took it back......its by ms design....pile of pants...when its on you cant even tell!....the one i will be getting is the S3 spoiler by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    #6
  8. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Feb 18, 2003]
    How much difference is there between the S3 and the spoiler that Audi offer for the A3.....??

    Oh and how does the S3 version mount?
    #7
  9. bjacks
    Offline

    bjacks Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 18, 2003]
    The S3 one is literally twice the size. AFAIK the genuine S3 spoiler is bolted on trough the back screen and the A3 one is certainly bonded on.( I've got one at home). The aftermarket S3 ones bond on also.

    Cheers

    Ben
    #8
  10. danh
    Offline

    danh New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 18, 2003]
    My S3 went back last week to have a new spoiler, the bonded one was lifting off. The paint on the new one was **** so they are having another go this week. Did notice though that the "new" one is already lifting.

    I did catch a glimpse of the parts screen when they were ordering and the basic part costs 40 quid to Audi (as mine is under warranty) plus paint.

    #9
  11. [Dave B]
    Offline

    [Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    1,995
    Likes Received:
    111
    [Feb 18, 2003]
    When I manage to acquire one i'm going to get it fitted by a local paint shop that I trust rather than Audi, the guy hasn't failed me yet so fingers crossed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    #10
  12. AL_B
    Offline

    AL_B Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    1,572
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 18, 2003]
    Yeah I remember the same topic was discussed on the old site.

    IIRC, the S3 spoiler, as fitted to all S3's, is bolted on. People who have performed this mod in the past, simply cut off the bolts on the spoiler, and glued the thing onto their A3's.

    If you are confused about parts etc. just ring Paul or Martyn at VAGparts, the are very knowledgable and very helpful.

    AL
    #11
  13. audidoodidoo
    Offline

    audidoodidoo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2003
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 20, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    umm ive just bought the S3-tuning.de spoiler from Carsten....the guy doing the the rs4 stuff for the s3 and a3,.....ive been waiting a while for it ...because the bank buggered up, (still waiting fir it to appear should be very soon)....anyway cos ive had way too much time to reflect....im not going to put it on now,...gonna get an s3 instead of tarting up the 1.6 ..makes no sense really,....anyway...if you want to buy it off me when it eventually gets here,you can have it for £60+ delivery what ever that is...thats what i paid for it.....im,losing a tenner on it cos i had to wire the money to germany....boo hoo....anyway anyone interested before i get it and put it onto ebay?...may be wrong thread sorry!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sorry I'm a bit late on this but I just checked out the website where you got this spoiler. How is it? How do you attach the spoiler you bought? My A3's silver, so would I have to spray paint it?
    #12
  14. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 20, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    audidoodidoo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    umm ive just bought the S3-tuning.de spoiler from Carsten....the guy doing the the rs4 stuff for the s3 and a3,.....ive been waiting a while for it ...because the bank buggered up, (still waiting fir it to appear should be very soon)....anyway cos ive had way too much time to reflect....im not going to put it on now,...gonna get an s3 instead of tarting up the 1.6 ..makes no sense really,....anyway...if you want to buy it off me when it eventually gets here,you can have it for £60+ delivery what ever that is...thats what i paid for it.....im,losing a tenner on it cos i had to wire the money to germany....boo hoo....anyway anyone interested before i get it and put it onto ebay?...may be wrong thread sorry!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sorry I'm a bit late on this but I just checked out the website where you got this spoiler. How is it? How do you attach the spoiler you bought? My A3's silver, so would I have to spray paint it?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    hiya,...yeah this ones a bonded glue thing as well...and err you'll have to primer and paint it as well.....its just the basic spoiler really......umm carsten seems to be putting everything he makes on ebay.de hence a got it for a lot less than what you would pay through his own website store.....hope that helps.....goddamit its still not here though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif...how this work then ..i can courrier items to the other side of the world in 4 days...but from germany its taken 17 days already...ummmmm
    #13
  15. audidoodidoo
    Offline

    audidoodidoo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2003
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 20, 2003]
    Thanks for that, hope you get it soon? Probably worth chasing it up as 17 days is quite long of your bank transfer's already gone though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Would a normal person be able to prime paint and glue it on or is it best left to take it to a local garage and get them to do it?
    #14
  16. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Feb 21, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    audidoodidoo said:
    Thanks for that, hope you get it soon? Probably worth chasing it up as 17 days is quite long of your bank transfer's already gone though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Would a normal person be able to prime paint and glue it on or is it best left to take it to a local garage and get them to do it?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Your A3 will end up looking like a modded Austin Maestro, if you paint the spoiler yourself....IMO (Unless of course you have the proper equipment).
    Take it to a body shop and get them to do it, it's just not worth the hassle of doing it your self!

    Spray cans are ok for areas that can't be seen but for something as visible and smooth as a spoiler it's a no go, you'll probably end up with uneven coats and speckles from when the nozzle blocks every 20 seconds.
    #15
  17. [Dave B]
    Offline

    [Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    1,995
    Likes Received:
    111
    [Feb 21, 2003]
    After 17 days i'd definately chase it! (nothing to do with the fact I want to buy it of you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif)
    #16
  18. Drill
    Offline

    Drill Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    928
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 21, 2003]
    Yeah, 17 days is a bit long. I think the longest I've waited for something FROM the UK to Germany was around 8-10 days. If I were you I'd check it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #17
  19. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Feb 21, 2003]
    It only takes one day on DHL...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    #18
  20. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 22, 2003]
    thanx guys.....i know ....and im worried, just got an email off carsten he said that the spoiler was in the uk...umm that was on thursday...its now saturday and nope nothing....goddamit i feel those vains in my neck.....dammit,,why cant things be simple...ehh?........poo pants ...im getting well worried......this is a long story but the spoiler believe it or not was ordered on the 21 st december!!!....then barclays bank buggered up like 6 times sending the money off....so they sent me complimentary bottles of wine to apologise...goddamit i dont even drink...anyway carsten got the wonga and on the 4th of this month he posted on TS.net...and not to my personal email that it had been sent....uummmm i can feel that vessel again....umm anyway its still not here but carsten mentioned sommit about monday,..so fingers crossed...im sure i could of made one out of beeswax by now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    #19
  21. NeuSkoolA3
    Offline

    NeuSkoolA3 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2003
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 23, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Funky_Junky said:
    Anybody know where I can get one at a reasonable price?? I haven't checked with Audi yet as I'm sure it will be a complete rip off. Any variations welcome as its to go on my A3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]
    How much money are we talking here?

    Cause I've got a complete S3 boot lid [minus the rear screen] with the spolier fitted and ready to go!

    All you need to do is paint it, get your screen swapped and you'll be away!

    Let me know. Will consider PX your boot lid as I need the number plate recess!

    El's
    #20
  22. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 25, 2003]
    still no friggin spoiler yet..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    #21
  23. Drill
    Offline

    Drill Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    928
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 25, 2003]
    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif
    #22
  24. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Feb 25, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Or you could give Drill, Cartsen's house number and he could go #itch slap him for you..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif and maybe he'll get you a replacement one1
    #23
  25. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 25, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]
    dude ive tried that...twice i didnt get a courrier number at all of him he asked me to mail him on monday but...nowt..and guesss what its tuesday and still no spoiler...and it was in the uk on thursday hey?...umm,....emailed him loads of times and only get a reply per 5 i send.....pants im getting so so annoyed!...how many days is it now?...gees!
    #24
  26. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 25, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Or you could give Drill, Cartsen's house number and he could go #itch slap him for you..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif and maybe he'll get you a replacement one1

    [/ QUOTE ]

    lol....now thats a good idea!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.....fancy a bit of a drive drill!!!...ill chip in a fiver for life insurance!!... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #25
  27. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 26, 2003]
    22 days and counting.....umm it must be coming over via pigoens..
    #26
  28. audidoodidoo
    Offline

    audidoodidoo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2003
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 26, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    22 days and counting.....umm it must be coming over via pigoens..

    [/ QUOTE ]

    you still haven't got it??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    It's a good price to get the spoiler but the company doesn't seem to reliable. Let us know when you do, goodluck!
    #27
  29. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 27, 2003]
    thanx guys...maybe im too harsh....make it 23 days now!.....drill you crack me up!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #28
  30. Drill
    Offline

    Drill Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    928
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Feb 28, 2003]
    *Ahem*... Shibby!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    #29

Share This Page