1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 spoiler

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jonnysimm, Aug 22, 2011.

1. jonnysimm

jonnysimm jonnysimm

hi everyone i was just wondering if any one can help me ? ive just got a s3 spoiler for my audi a3 2004 and was wondering which is the best way to fix it to my car shall i just cut the bolts off that are on it and bond it to the car or try and put some holes in the boot of my car ? i feel it would be easier to bond it to the car but there could be a chance of it coming off ? or if any one has bonded it to the car only could any one recommend any good glues/bonds ?

many thanks to any one who can help.
  2. S3 MRU

S3 MRU Member

I cut off the bolts on my old tdi and tiger sealed it to the roof I used quite a lot of bonding material and tacked it down with fastening tape It didn't budge
  3. jonnysimm

jonnysimm jonnysimm

ok thanks for that i didnt fancy puting holes in my car. ill make sure i put plenty of tiger bond on it. would you say to try and make a seal with tiger bond to stop any water under it ?
  4. S3 MRU

S3 MRU Member

Tbh mate it won't really matter if water gets under it although i would try make a long lined seal as close to the lip of the spoiler tbh. mine went on very well
  5. JNP

JNP Member

Did you get yours off Ebay Jonny? I have been looking for a spoiler for ages....