1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 speakers how good are they

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Mattgurnett, May 20, 2004.

1. Mattgurnett

Mattgurnett New Member

[May 20, 2004]
    I have been offeard a set of s3 speakers for my 1.8t sport are the a lot better and why thanx for the help.
    Matt
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. Stuart_A3_Turbo

Stuart_A3_Turbo Member

[May 20, 2004]
    I dont think you will see much improvement to be honest. Do you have the BOSE setup in yours? I must admit, i thought the standard setup was pretty damn good in the audi compared to previous cars ive owned
  4. mdoyle69

mdoyle69 Member

[May 20, 2004]
    standard stuff is as follows.....

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!

That means it aint any good!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
    save ya money and get some alpine speakers and head unit....they are fantaz!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 20, 2004]
    S3 speakers are exactly the same as 1.8T speakers, i.e. shockingly bad. The only difference would be between a Bose & non-Bose system, in which case you can't just swap the speakers. You'd need to get the Bose amp, wiring & sub, and experience that classic muffled Bose sound.
    The standard Concert setup in an A3T is one of the worst I have come across in a modern car. My old MkIII GTi had a much better setup, and even the Astra I had (as a Co. car) was significantly better.
    You can retro fit Kenwood speakers in any A3 for about £130 (fronts & rears) and get a significant improvement.
    Also Dynamatting the doors and rear quarters will improve the tightness of the sound at the same time.
  6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 20, 2004]
    These are the standard non-Bose speakers from a A3T.
  7. mramage

mramage Member

[May 21, 2004]

Funnily enough, they look like the speakers that came out of my S3.

Take Andy's advice and change'em. I spent more on the front (MB Quart component) than the back (Alpines), since I sit in the front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bobb, Andy has demonstrated you can put an amp in the rear quarter panel, out the way. I wouldn't use something like MBs with a std. head unit. Not enough to drive them properly.
  8. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[May 21, 2004]
    MB Quart are FANTASTIC speakers! They cost me £120 fro the fronts alone. a fair amount, but well worth the money!