S3 Spark plugs ?

mattyboy199

Reaction score
I havent a clue when it comes to spark plugs i'm getting some some pretty bad hesitation on boost so i'm gonna start with plugs replacement being the cheapest (they havent been replaced for 50k). I've read about hotter & colder plugs in some posts going back a few years (2007) i imagine now there are newer plugs about. My current tune is a jabba stage 2 map probably making anything between 260-280.

Thanks in adavance

Matt

Vex they the copper ones? Ive just changed from irdium to copper ones but forgot the part number lol.

Coppers actualy bette for turbo cars mate but for less than £8 a year, its cheaper than the iridum ones and better and dos work out cheaper

I see so my plugs whatever they are, more than likely due a change. I'm sure they have covered 50k

BKR7E are copper...
BKR7EIX are iridium

PFR6Q are platinum and are what is used as std

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
I've tried the BPR7's and BPR8's and killed them within a few months, I've found that Bosch F5DPOR's have been the best so for [FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]me[/FONT]

Yeah... I got my part numbers round my neck... DOH!!

I use BKR7E's which are copper core.. I did this for two reasons... copper plugs are supposed to be a better match to turbo engines as they are better conductors for heat and electricity and they are cheap... £7.50 for 4 plugs vs £26 for iridiums... the flip side (and the reason they are not used as OE) is that they only really last around 10k realistically...OE use platinum sue to long service life which fits in with crap ideas such as AVS etc... I do around 5k miles a year and service the car every 12 months... for the price etc its a no brainer to replace once a year or so... in fact I check mine when I did this years service and they were fine...

<tuffty/>

where are you guys getting these plugs? whenever i google that part number nothings coming up? am i being useless here?? daz

So if platinum is used as standard and copper is best for turbo cars but have a shorter lifespan, how do the irridium compare?

Ive just ordered a set of coppers from your link Paul, thank you mate :)

Would these plugs be ok for my s3. Its a 2000 reg, stage 1 map, 3" downpipe and s2000 filter.

Thanks
Dan

Fitted my plugs today the car is running so much better no hesitation on boost which i thought may have been a coil pack.

7's are a bit cold tbh... stick with 6's

<tuffty/>

i bought some 7's lately for when i get the car tuned and have read that there not advised on mine as standard? mine is a amk s3 210 do I just take them along with me when I get it tuned or fit them before I go on my 2.5 hr drive to to get it done will the car run right :uhm:

i bought some 7's lately for when i get the car tuned and have read that there not advised on mine as standard? mine is a amk s3 210 do I just take them along with me when I get it tuned or fit them before I go on my 2.5 hr drive to to get it done will the car run right :uhm:

Main issues when plugs are too cold is they tend to make the engine misfire and lumpy when cold... I see no issue fitting them before the mapping session but you could always confirm this with your tuner prior to your trip

<tuffty/>