s3 spare wheel??

The S3 has a raised boot floor to accomodate the rear transmission for Quattro, so there was only room to fit a space saver, I also carry a can of puncture repair foam, cos I'm lazy. :)

it was more the 18 part i was asking about, as the standard rims are 17's, although i have 18's.

Also, I know on CTR's that the space saver doesnt fit over the front callipers, is this the smae with the s3 or is it fine?

nky_84 said:
it was more the 18 part i was asking about, as the standard rims are 17's, although i have 18's.

Also, I know on CTR's that the space saver doesnt fit over the front callipers, is this the smae with the s3 or is it fine?

Yup, it's 18" IIRC, and from my experience, it won't fit over the Brembo calipers I have up front, can't say for sure about standard brakes though...

this just reminded me that now i have brembo's my space saver is useless on the front

i guess if i do get a flat front i'll need to put the space saver on the rear and put the good rear on the front...

jonS3 said:
this just reminded me that now i have brembo's my space saver is useless on the front

i guess if i do get a flat front i'll need to put the space saver on the rear and put the good rear on the front...

Yup, I found out the hard way by taking my front wheel off first, can you imagine how long it took to change essentially 3 wheels with that stupid VAG jack and wrench?!