S3 Slipping Clutch in 5 gear while cornering fast

dcallaghan

Reaction score
While accelerating in 5 gear tonight while some guy in an RX8 was trying to race me round fast country bends my revs run quickly from 4K to around 5K rpm. Relaxing the throttle brought it back into line. I have tried booting it in second gear to see if the clutch slipped again but it appeared OK. The car is one day out of warranty - DOH!

Anyone experienced the same or know what was happening?

PS RX8's may as well not bother

good kill

do you wreckon could be the ESP kicking in? i haven't got it to yet but apparently it plays with clutch

good kill

do you wreckon could be the ESP kicking in? i haven't got it to yet but apparently it plays with clutch

[ QUOTE ]
dcallaghan said:
I didn't see the ESP light flash

[/ QUOTE ]

I SHOULD FEKKIN HOPE NOT!!!!! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Drivin through lanes that quick my eyes are glued firmly on the road!!!

RX8 killer!!!...respect man!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Who recons Listers will replace my clutch 1 day after the warranty expires! I knew I should have extended it for £495!

[ QUOTE ]
dummi said:
good kill

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone confirm that the ESP can play with the clutch?

[ QUOTE ]
dcallaghan said:
[Can anyone confirm that the ESP can play with the clutch?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has absolutely nothing to do with the clutch.

You'd be stuffed anyhow, the clutch is seldom covered under manufacturer or aftermarket warranty - wear and tear item.

ESP will use the brakes and (IIRC) cut the throttle in some circumstances. If the wheels slipped a little, I could see "Maybe" the increased revs, but most of the time that would kick off the ESP light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

That was absolutely NO HELP, was it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

If you where driving hard for a while, then it was probably because the clutch got hot, like when your brakes get hot, they fade. The clutch is opposite and can slip when hot (clutches slip most in higher gears)
Otherwise its just warn out and needs replacing!

Your clutch it fcuked. Buy a new one. nothing to do with ESP. Nothing to do with clutch heating up unless you had just done a dozen 1/4mile back to back.

Stevie