1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 slightly out of my reach

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lex, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[May 18, 2009]
    Also, what are these young drivers on here working as to afford such high priced cars at the age of 19-22??

I would love to know!
  2. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

[May 18, 2009]
    HUFC,

That is a great premium. I am the same as you, except mine is pre-face lift and I pay £350 with £250 excess (inc. legal, guaranteed hirecar, recovery) with Direct Line. SO, the question is...who are you with and what is your excess? If you don't mind of course:salute:.

Oh, and Direct Line are surprisingly mod friendly.
  3. junglist

junglist New Member

[May 18, 2009]
    I'm a media designer for quite a large Marketing and Design Agency. I deal with the digital side of things so interactive presentation DVDs, web applications and general digital effects for various marketing campaigns.

I didn't go to uni so i've been doing it for nigh on five years now, and safe to say i've progressed a lot further than I would have if I had gone to uni to do a (barely) relevent degree along similar lines. Needless to say the money and benefits of the path I went down are generous for someone of my age. :sm4:
  4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[May 18, 2009]
    Know what you are saying mate - I am just out of uni and the salaries that some of my mates are on who did not go to uni is shocking :(
  5. Matt

Matt Active Member

[May 18, 2009]

I've tried putting my parents on but its always put the price up for me, they have clean licenses and are claim free too. I know it does work for some people though like you say.

Anyway cant complain at approx. £500 FC for me at 24 and my 20 year old girlfriend as a named driver. Could of got it for £300 odd if I didn't have the girlfriend on which is whats going to happen at the next renewal seen as though I'm single now! :laugh: Proof if needed that women are an expensive habit :sex:
  6. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

[May 18, 2009]
    Wow! That's really good! Didn't think a price like that would be possible on a group 18 car! Which company is it with??? I dream of the day when my insurance gets that cheap!

Sometimes I wish I did the same, not bother going to uni and go straight into a decent job. Anyways, which company do you work for, if you don't mind me asking? I do a Multimedia course at Leeds and I've been trying to find a work placement for a few months now! But most of the companies don't seem to be doing student placements this year. :crying:

Dam recession!
  7. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 18, 2009]
    Christ, every 3 months or so we have a thread about a young guy who has money and wants a fast car. Then it goes into a big long thread about what people feel about that and what they should or shouldn't have done themselves.

Lex, you want a nice car but can't afford the insurance. Sorry mate but that means you'll just have to get something else for now instead. Simple :icon_thumright:
  8. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

[May 18, 2009]
    So if i told you i was 18 with a 2003 BAM S3 your answer would be?

I think you should go for it!, So what your 4k down the drain if you've got the money and want it you get it....Dont let anyone else stand in your way. Maybe worth you getting a quote with one of your parents as a named driver and you as the main driver. Makes it alot cheaper and isnt cheating the insureance atall.
    Go for it!
  9. Lex

Lex Member

[May 18, 2009]
    Well i have not said that im getting one, thats why the title of the thread says "slightly out of my reach"
    I agree that it is far to much to pay but if i continue searching insurance and find a price around £1000-£1500 i will go for it but i know at this point i cant so i will have to wait another year nearer the time in 21.
  10. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[May 18, 2009]
    Wise decision
  11. Staz

[May 18, 2009]
    So what is the point of the thread then?
  12. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

[May 18, 2009]
    Yes i think 21 is the big drop in insureance.....Plus you can save up more money wast the S3's drop in price.
  13. HotboxDeluxe

HotboxDeluxe automatic

[May 18, 2009]
    :lmfao:
  14. boggysv

boggysv Member

[May 18, 2009]
    So young people get to post and brag about how hardworking they were, how they earned a S4 or S3 at a tender age? while grumpy bitter old men can sulk and reflect on how things have changed?
  15. Staz

[May 18, 2009]
    lol well I did wonder tbh. He wouldn't be the first to do that.
  16. Lex

Lex Member

[May 18, 2009]
    I didnt ask any of you to comment so all you oldies can go back to your arm chair and watch a lovely episode of last of the summer wine.
  17. Staz

[May 18, 2009]
    So if you don't want to hear anything from the 'oldies' and you haven't actually asked any questions then the thread is a waste of time.

:thumbsup:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.