1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 side skirts 2010

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by smythey1, Jun 20, 2010.

1. smythey1

smythey1 Member

Hi if i buy some 2010 or 2006 3door skirts would they fit my a3 sports 06... im just wantin to know how easy/hard it is to fit... And wat are the fixture an parts i will need if my them new or of ebay ?

thanks

Sarah x

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

yeah the shell is the same for all years so your only worry is making sure you get the 3dr ones as the spotbacks are different. However you dont just need the skirts. You also need the S3 specific interior door sills as they fit to the skirt unlike you normal ones. These sill plates also sit slightly higher than standard so when you shut the door it will srape. To stop this you also need to swap the rubber weather strips off the bottom of your doors to S3 spec. These are shallower so dont catch the sills.

As for ease of fitment, its pretty much bolt on bolt off, nothing complicated, just a bit of glue needed to stick them on

#2 Lee_R, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  4. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

Think you also need the end caps and pieces that go on the bottom of the doors. Audi sell a fitting kit if you managed to buy some skirts off Ebay. Not sure on price

5. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

And if you get them from Audi, be prepared to shell out £600+ for the bits you need, then add £100 at least for painting.

Go ebay if you can!

6. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

youre right, i also belive you need tobond them to the bottom, i think theres a thread on this a few days back

7. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

TPS sell them for around £130 ish plus VAT for each one, if you know someone who can buy from them. Well thats the price I was quoted. But that was just the side skirts.

8. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

yeah i think i was quoted £350 all in from audi so sounds about right. But unfortunately the interior sill trims (inclusive of "S3" branded alloy inserts) and the 2 weather strips add on nearly another £300!

and I've heard parts prices have increased since i was quoted that.