S3 side badges

JamS3

Reaction score
Spoke to a friend of a friend last night and he is going to make some very subtle vinyl side badges up of the S3 logo in various grey shades (the actual S3 writing part) after I said to him its a shame it does not come with one like the S6 does with the little V10 badge on the back.

He is going to do some that would fit on the strip runnning along the rear quarter where the rear passenger sits and some slightly smaller ones that would locate near to the side indicator.

Before anyone states Halfords or sad its just a experiment to see what it looks like, if its ***** they won't stay on. After all they are free so who cares!

If they look ok I'll put some pics up and who would be interested?

yes do it :icon_thumright:

Got them done last night in 10 mins if that!

Got some larger ones done for the rear quarter for the strip that runs down the side with the S3 writing done in grey.

Also some smaller ones done for the side by the side indicators with the S3 writing done in white, stand by for pics have to wait until it drys up to put them on!

Here are a few quick pics, I quite like them and will be leaving them on!

DSC00558.jpg

they look great excellent look just right:o.k:
i want i want i want...
Jam how can i get my hands on them? ;)

Look pretty good actuallly - have you got any pics showing the whole side of the car?

I think i'd prolly put them behind the side repeater tho' :huh:

S3Didge said:
Look pretty good actuallly - have you got any pics showing the whole side of the car?

I think i'd prolly put them behind the side repeater tho' :huh:

Thought about the side repeater but thought they would get "lost" behind there.....

S3 LTN said:
they look great excellent look just right:o.k:
i want i want i want...
Jam how can i get my hands on them? ;)

If you ask nicely I'll make some more.....

Hmm. I'm all for personalising your motor (my current account as proof) but that wouldn't be for me. Less is more IMO.

Jam,

Good effort, very creative, but I thought you were doing some for the rear quarter panel rubbing strip (a la S-Line) which surely is the natural place for them?

How about some pictures of the badges in this location?

Jam u chav boy (I said it before the **** that is bowfer could)...

Haven't you bought the LED rears yet mate...come on you know you want to.

Spook said:
Jam,

Good effort, very creative, but I thought you were doing some for the rear quarter panel rubbing strip (a la S-Line) which surely is the natural place for them?

How about some pictures of the badges in this location?

I got some done mate but after I put the indicator ones on i was so happy with the look i haven't bothered with the side ones.

I think the indicator ones are very subtle and as OEM as possible, the side passenger ones a la s-line I think would be too much and I wanted to stay away from putting ones there as already mentioned the s-line has them there already!

normski said:
Jam u chav boy (I said it before the **** that is bowfer could)...

Haven't you bought the LED rears yet mate...come on you know you want to.

Well the responses have been positive so far!

Not got the lights yet mate but getting closer to getting them. Someone posted a good link to some which are identical to the OEM ones in look but with LED lights in the cluster. They looked better and less Halfords than the black smoked ones we first looked at ages ago!

I like your badges mate...

Will be interesting to see the lights if you get them...I have been off these forums for a while so missed the link.

JamS3 said:
I got some done mate but after I put the indicator ones on i was so happy with the look i haven't bothered with the side ones.

I think the indicator ones are very subtle and as OEM as possible, the side passenger ones a la s-line I think would be too much and I wanted to stay away from putting ones there as already mentioned the s-line has them there already!

Yes, but nobody is going to mistake an S3 for an S-Line, with or without badges (ahem...).

I still think you could be onto a winner with the appropriate sized badge on the rear quarter, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this. I'd be willing to act as the "guinea pig". So go on, give it a go - you might even make a few bob out of it, certainly amongst the S3 owners on this board!

Sorry, but a bit tacky for me, sort of thing Corsa boys would do. Got some nice furry seat covers if you want them.

Sorry it just my opinion.

Mark

markwiggy said:
Sorry, but a bit tacky for me, sort of thing Corsa boys would do. Got some nice furry seat covers if you want them.

Sorry it just my opinion.

Mark

And you are totally entitled to it mate!

Just what audi are doing now though with the new S6 and S8 with the V10 side badges, not to mention the M3.

Spook said:
Yes, but nobody is going to mistake an S3 for an S-Line, with or without badges (ahem...).

I still think you could be onto a winner with the appropriate sized badge on the rear quarter, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this. I'd be willing to act as the "guinea pig". So go on, give it a go - you might even make a few bob out of it, certainly amongst the S3 owners on this board!

Ok mate I'll give it a go and put the ones on I have for the rear side strip and post some pigs to see which people like best, watch this space!

Just on a aside I'm replying to this thread on my new iPod touch from the street as it has wi fi access there are loads of free access points now! I'm well impressed with it!

is the i phone fully compatible with your bluetooth ?? love the badges :rockwoot:

JamS3 said:
Just on a aside I'm replying to this thread on my new iPod touch from the street as it has wi fi access there are loads of free access points now! I'm well impressed with it!
You're obviously earning far too much money :respekt:

Spook said:
You're obviously earning far too much money :respekt:

I wish haha!

Its not the I phone but the new iPod touch. It has the same features as the I phone bar the actual phone part and is smaller but also has wi fi!

madalex said:
is the i phone fully compatible with your bluetooth ?? love the badges :rockwoot:

Apparently it is as someone posted on the ice forum they have tried it and it works.

Ok here are some of the side ones located on the strip running along the rear side of the car a la s-line badge (where its located anyway).

These ones show the S3 writing part in grey as I thought I would try a different colour but can easily be changed to white like the indicator ones.

I don't like them as much as the indicator ones so have removed them, the indicator ones look "right" in my opinion and are subtle enough, these just dont look right to me....

DSC00561.jpg

Those second badges look best and almost OEM. Not a fan of the white ones on the indicator at all. The white is too much.

I preffer em on the back. I'd be interested in a set in red/chrome as the rear badge. I won't mind being mistaken for an S-Line, can soon put that right when the pedal is buried into the carpet. :sm4:

Kris said:
I preffer em on the back. I'd be interested in a set in red/chrome as the rear badge. I won't mind being mistaken for an S-Line, can soon put that right when the pedal is buried into the carpet. :sm4:
I'll second that. Chrome would be the ideal colour to make it look totally OEM. How about it, JamS3?:icon_thumright:

Come on Jamie, you know you want to make some more. You can even stick them on my car to see what they look like!!! ;)

i like that Jamie, looks nice.... i wonder what it would look like on a grey one...

Love em and want some - please....the rear quarter badges that is, sorry not a fan of the indicator ones. :)

Spook said:
I'll second that. Chrome would be the ideal colour to make it look totally OEM. How about it, JamS3?:icon_thumright:

Chrome can be done easy!

Stand by....